Massacre at historic African American Church in Charleston

Started by jimmy olsen, June 18, 2015, 12:10:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Ideologue on June 21, 2015, 02:39:30 PM
I mean, he's right.  The most charitable interpretation of your post is that you think there is a natural animus between races, and that in a desegregated society anytime one group outnumbers the other, or possibly even is forced to mix with the other in any way, the natural reaction is hatred.

A more charitable interpretation would be that black inner cities can be brutal places that brutalize all inhabitants, whatever their color.

Understanding the root causes of an action, or even sympathizing with a murderer's situation, are not the same as condoning that action.  If a person who had been violently raped in prison by a particular race responded by murdering random members of that race I would feel bad about the rape without celebrating the murder.

Martinus

Are you now equating bullying with prison rape or "only" saying that bullying reasonably leads to mass murder?  :lol:

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Martinus on June 21, 2015, 03:33:05 PM
Are you now equating bullying with prison rape or "only" saying that bullying reasonably leads to mass murder?  :lol:

Foiled again. :(

Tonitrus

Quote from: Martinus on June 21, 2015, 03:33:05 PM

As his post said, what I am pretty sure he is saying that it is possible to condemn two separate bad/evil acts, even if those two acts are connected in a perverted way (e.g. the first act causing a person to commit another evil act, even if using that "cause" as a motive is, by itself, deeply flawed and wrong in our eyes).

Martinus

As I said already, your decision to raise this point - and thus implicitly argue its relevance - speaks volumes of your internal thought process.

There is absolutely no reasonable justification or explanation that someone who is bullied (which was not even established - just a conjecture on your part) by members of one race then goes and mass-murders other (unrelated) members of the same race - except in the mind of a mad man. The fact that of all potential secondary influences, that are in fact (unlike the "bullying by inner city kids") documented and proven (such as living in a gun culture or a culture that glorifies history of brutal oppression and violence against black people, the victims of this mass murder), you choose to mention one that is most tangential speaks volumes of your agenda, as I said.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 21, 2015, 03:02:53 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on June 21, 2015, 02:39:30 PM
I mean, he's right.  The most charitable interpretation of your post is that you think there is a natural animus between races, and that in a desegregated society anytime one group outnumbers the other, or possibly even is forced to mix with the other in any way, the natural reaction is hatred.

A more charitable interpretation would be that black inner cities can be brutal places that brutalize all inhabitants, whatever their color.

Understanding the root causes of an action, or even sympathizing with a murderer's situation, are not the same as condoning that action.  If a person who had been violently raped in prison by a particular race responded by murdering random members of that race I would feel bad about the rape without celebrating the murder.

I don't mean to dog pile on you but he wasn't in an inner city school.  He went to school in some small town out side of Columbia.  The school he went to doesn't appear to be majority black.  He seems to be dragging out the old "busing issue" that is part of the vernacular of racists.  Is barely used anymore even in dog whistle politics.  His issue with forced busing probably has more to do with the internet sites he alluded to then any personal experience.  Same with the "they are raping our women" statement.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tonitrus

Quote from: Martinus on June 21, 2015, 03:39:33 PM
As I said already, your decision to raise this point - and thus implicitly argue its relevance - speaks volumes of your internal thought process.

There is absolutely no reasonable justification or explanation that someone who is bullied (which was not even established - just a conjecture on your part) by members of one race then goes and mass-murders other (unrelated) members of the same race - except in the mind of a mad man. The fact that of all potential secondary influences, that are in fact (unlike the "bullying by inner city kids") documented and proven (such as living in a gun culture or a culture that glorifies history of brutal oppression and violence against black people, the victims of this mass murder), you choose to mention one that is most tangential speaks volumes of your agenda, as I said.

I may be living in the wrong Amerikkka, but I don't think that we, as a culture overall, really glorify that brutal oppression anymore.  Unless you're specifically referring to that narrow, niche, white supremacist culture.

Martinus

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on June 21, 2015, 03:41:01 PM
I don't mean to dog pile on you but he wasn't in an inner city school.  He went to school in some small town out side of Columbia.  The school he went to doesn't appear to be majority black.  He seems to be dragging out the old "busing issue" that is part of the vernacular of racists.  Is barely used anymore even in dog whistle politics.  His issue with forced busing probably has more to do with the internet sites he alluded to then any personal experience.  Same with the "they are raping our women" statement.

Some news source, perhaps one cited in this thread, perhaps CNN, mentioned that he bounced from school to school.

At least according to his "manifesto," he alludes to a situation that is the opposite of forced busing.  He talks about white flight to the suburbs and being trapped in a majority black school district with rules that prevent registration in other schools.

Razgovory

I did see that he bounced from school to school, but nothing about an inner city school.  He didn't live in a city area any more then he lived in Rhodesia.  I picked up the information from the wiki site.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charleston_church_shooting#Suspect  He seems to be just some dimwitted drop out.  Because of his frustration he gravitated toward extreme right wing nonsense.  He could have just as easily gravitated toward some other dumb ideology and become a Marxist movie reviewer or something similarly inane.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Admiral Yi

Once again you seem to be indifferent to the fact that you posted information which was not true.

Razgovory

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on June 21, 2015, 07:01:30 PM
And what is that?

"I don't mean to dog pile on you but he wasn't in an inner city school.  He went to school in some small town out side of Columbia.  The school he went to doesn't appear to be majority black."

You don't know if one or more of the schools he went to is an inner city school.

"The school he went to" denotes he only went to one school.  He went to more than one.

Razgovory

That's not exactly a fact that is untrue.  None of the places he is reported to have lived have a large city near by.