Massacre at historic African American Church in Charleston

Started by jimmy olsen, June 18, 2015, 12:10:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Tim, who cares about some crazy loser's 'manifesto'?

By reporting on it the media is giving him exactly what he wants.  I couldn't care less what his thoughts on race are.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 21, 2015, 07:21:33 AM
Nice gesture.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/06/20/jerry-richardson-donates-100000-to-charleston-murder-victims

QuoteJerry Richardson donates $100,000 to Charleston murder victims
Posted by Mike Florio on June 20, 2015, 12:53 PM EDT
Jerry Richardson AP

The tragedy that rocked Charleston, South Carolina three days ago has resonated throughout America. For Panthers owner Jerry Richardson, it prompted a specific act of generosity.

Via Panthers defensive Colin Cole's Twitter account, Richardson has donated $100,000 to the victims of the mass shooting, with $10,000 to each of the families of the nine murder victims to help defray funeral costs and $10,000 to the Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church.

"Some things are just bigger than football," Cole wrote. "Thank you Mr. Richardson."

Anyone interested in making a contribution to the Mother Emanuel Hope Fund can do so by following the instructions here.

That's the guy who actually wrote back when a kid wrote to all the teams to ask which team he should support, right?
Cool guy.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Martinus

Quote from: Caliga on June 21, 2015, 07:58:17 AM
Tim, who cares about some crazy loser's 'manifesto'?

By reporting on it the media is giving him exactly what he wants.  I couldn't care less what his thoughts on race are.

My thoughts exactly.

Caliga

Yeah, I mean if I wanted to read essays on race in America, I'd turn to Cornel West or someone like that who actually has spent a career studying it... not some piece of shit racist twerp who's done nothing but play video games for his short, worthless life.  :mellow:

...and Tim, to be clear, I don't mean to come across as picking on you for posting that, since your Languish role is resident newsboy, but it just irritates me that the media give losers like this a platform.

Admiral Yi

"But what about the White people that are left behind? What about the White children who, because of school zoning laws, are forced to go to a school that is 90 percent black? Do we really think that that White kid will be able to go one day without being picked on for being White, or called a "white boy"? And who is fighting for him? Who is fighting for these White people forced by economic circumstances to live among negroes? No one, but someone has to. "

Some support for my thesis.

Martinus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 21, 2015, 12:14:35 PM
"But what about the White people that are left behind? What about the White children who, because of school zoning laws, are forced to go to a school that is 90 percent black? Do we really think that that White kid will be able to go one day without being picked on for being White, or called a "white boy"? And who is fighting for him? Who is fighting for these White people forced by economic circumstances to live among negroes? No one, but someone has to. "

Some support for my thesis.

Your thesis being?

Admiral Yi

He had bad experiences in a majority black high school or junior high.

Martinus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 21, 2015, 12:55:44 PM

So it's the fault of black kids? Or of the system?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Martinus on June 21, 2015, 01:58:42 PM

You've exposed me Marty.  I was trying to dress up my position in ambiguities, but like a laser you've cut through my obfuscation.  Yes, it was all the fault of black kids.  In fact, I think everyone who gets badly treated by a black kid has the moral right to shoot one random black person.

alfred russel

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 21, 2015, 12:55:44 PM

I don't know if he went to a majority black school, but apparently he lived in a majority black area.

It could be the same thing as that dude who went around shooting hot women at the gym because he hadn't had a date in like 10 years. He said he had a couple hundred thousand in the bank and he worked out, so it must be a conspiracy of good looking women not to give him the time of day.

The psycho doesn't fit in because he is psycho, and he blames others for his inability to fit in.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Martinus

I just don't understand why that point is relevant, unless you actually want to make it relevant.

If someone points out that, say, Hitler had bad experiences with Jews, then this would not be an innocuous observation, but a loaded one.

Caliga

Quote from: alfred russel on June 21, 2015, 02:17:27 PM
It could be the same thing as that dude who went around shooting hot women at the gym because he hadn't had a date in like 10 years. He said he had a couple hundred thousand in the bank and he worked out, so it must be a conspiracy of good looking women not to give him the time of day.
George Sodini.  There was clearly something wrong with that guy... he had put up YouTube videos and by watching them you could tell he was 'off' somehow.  I'm sure it was even easier to pick up on in person than via an internet video.

Ideologue

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 21, 2015, 02:01:01 PM

You've exposed me Marty.  I was trying to dress up my position in ambiguities, but like a laser you've cut through my obfuscation.  Yes, it was all the fault of black kids.  In fact, I think everyone who gets badly treated by a black kid has the moral right to shoot one random black person.

I mean, he's right.  The most charitable interpretation of your post is that you think there is a natural animus between races, and that in a desegregated society anytime one group outnumbers the other, or possibly even is forced to mix with the other in any way, the natural reaction is hatred.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on June 21, 2015, 02:39:30 PM
I mean, he's right.  The most charitable interpretation of your post is that you think there is a natural animus between races, and that in a desegregated society anytime one group outnumbers the other, or possibly even is forced to mix with the other in any way, the natural reaction is hatred.

Point out the post which is open to this charitable interpretation, please.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.