Massacre at historic African American Church in Charleston

Started by jimmy olsen, June 18, 2015, 12:10:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Actually this would be a good excuse to stage a Bronycaust. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Lettow77

All jokes about his brony affiliation or hipster taste in supremacist flags aside, this really is sad. What surprises me is it that it isn't more common- People who look and talk like Dylann Roof are a dime a dozen. In fact, you can at this  very moment find him the man of the hour amongst his former demographic of lonely losers who hang out in their weeaboo white supremacist echo-chambers.

Nobody wants to hear about sympathy for murderers (especially racist ones, as this proves somehow a greater anathema still than mere murder, but I feel like I can understand this person. It bothers me people are already talking about mental illness- it's no such thing; just a murderous racist who acted on the stuff a lot of them talk about all the time. His actions shouldn't be explained away as those of the mentally ill, or anyway any more mentally ill than other fringe extremists whose ideology drives them to violence.

I don't really see how this is supposed to be solved. It seems like the South is just a rough deal for all parties involved, and the best solution is to not be anywhere near- and that's a very sad thought.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

The Brain

Quote from: Lettow77 on June 19, 2015, 02:12:05 AM
All jokes about his brony affiliation or hipster taste in supremacist flags aside, this really is sad. What surprises me is it that it isn't more common- People who look and talk like Dylann Roof are a dime a dozen. In fact, you can at this  very moment find him the man of the hour amongst his former demographic of lonely losers who hang out in their weeaboo white supremacist echo-chambers.

Nobody wants to hear about sympathy for murderers (especially racist ones, as this proves somehow a greater anathema still than mere murder, but I feel like I can understand this person. It bothers me people are already talking about mental illness- it's no such thing; just a murderous racist who acted on the stuff a lot of them talk about all the time. His actions shouldn't be explained away as those of the mentally ill, or anyway any more mentally ill than other fringe extremists whose ideology drives them to violence.

I don't really see how this is supposed to be solved. It seems like the South is just a rough deal for all parties involved, and the best solution is to not be anywhere near- and that's a very sad thought.

Space is probably safest.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tonitrus

Nah, then they come back and attack Earth with an invasion fleet.

Lettow77

No, once the Confederacy reconstitutes itself in space it is the United Earth Directorate that attacks them.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

viper37

Quote from: Caliga on June 18, 2015, 12:56:41 PM
Yeah, I read that and I was like :bleeding:

"My son is a crazy racist loner?  I know what he needs for his birthday then!" :wacko:
I read today that he received money for his birthday, not a gun.  He decided by himself to buy a gun.  His best friend hid the gun from him because he felt he would do something stupid, but he was convinced by his fiancee to give it back because it would get him in trouble.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

That's weird, I read his father gave him the gun and could face a possible 10 year sentence if he was aware of his son's drug charges. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Maybe his dad gave him cash and told him to go buy himself a gun.

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 19, 2015, 09:47:55 AM
Maybe his dad gave him cash and told him to go buy himself a gun.

He wouldn't have passed a background check.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

viper37

Quote from: derspiess on June 19, 2015, 09:45:02 AM
That's weird, I read his father gave him the gun and could face a possible 10 year sentence if he was aware of his son's drug charges. 
maybe my info was wrong, I took it from a local newspaper, I didn't check the US papers on this.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.