Started by jimmy olsen, June 18, 2015, 12:10:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

derspiess

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 25, 2015, 04:43:15 PM
Quote from: derspiess on June 25, 2015, 04:36:57 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 25, 2015, 04:28:43 PM
Quote from: derspiess on June 25, 2015, 03:38:17 PM
So the Nazis co-opted Washington and Commies co-opted Lincoln.  Odd how that worked out.

Washington makes a poor Nazi hero, considering how much he respected the Jews.

And Lincoln was very pro-business, which a far left prof of mine used to angrily admit.

Is there a far left in the US?

Oh, not at all.  Especially not on college campuses.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

alfred russel

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 25, 2015, 09:12:15 PM
Interesting Dorsey.

BTW, how strong is your accent?

I have no accent at all.

My grandfather had a strong accent. My father had an accent. I don't have one.

FWIW, growing up my father was determined I wouldn't have an accent. He thought it would be a burden in life that people would assume I was uneducated. I would get in trouble and go to time out for saying words that were accented. I'm not sure that is why I don't have an accent though. Since I was 10 I've mostly lived in South Florida and Atlanta, which aren't places with accents.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Lettow77

I had a similar experience with 9/11. I was very young at the time, I believe in fourth or fifth grade, but already quite in earnest about the South's independence. But I lived in a very small bubble and took it as a matter of course that my feelings must be shared by the wider body of Southerners, and islamic terrorism was an unknown, unheard of element. So that when I heard that there was a major attack on New York City and D.C, I assumed it was the beginning of a general Southern rising. My good humor and enthusiasm for our chance at independence was almost universally repudiated by the people around me, and the realization that most people did not, in fact, seek the discomfiture of the yankees and reassertion of independence at the soonest possible point was a major event for me.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

alfred russel

Quote from: Lettow77 on June 25, 2015, 09:21:40 PM
I had a similar experience with 9/11. I was very young at the time, I believe in fourth or fifth grade, but already quite in earnest about the South's independence. But I lived in a very small bubble and took it as a matter of course that my feelings must be shared by the wider body of Southerners, and islamic terrorism was an unknown, unheard of element. So that when I heard that there was a major attack on New York City and D.C, I assumed it was the beginning of a general Southern rising. My good humor and enthusiasm for our chance at independence was almost universally repudiated by the people around me, and the realization that most people did not, in fact, seek the discomfiture of the yankees and reassertion of independence at the soonest possible point was a major event for me.

That actually isn't similar at all.  :D
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

Admiral Yi

It's similar to the extent that it's the opposite.  :lol:

Caliga

Southern terrorists launched 9/11 ?  :lol:

Shirley you can't be serious, Lettuce.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Lettow77

I mean, I was very young. Islamic fundamentalists may genuinely have been something I'd never, ever heard about.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

dps

Quote from: alfred russel on June 25, 2015, 09:19:24 PM
Interesting Dorsey.

I have no accent at all.

It you're not mute, you've got an accent.  It might not be a traditional southern accent, but you have an accent of some sort.

Tonitrus

But more importantly, what does he call a soft drink?  :P

alfred russel

Quote from: dps on June 25, 2015, 09:54:56 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on June 25, 2015, 09:19:24 PM
Interesting Dorsey.

I have no accent at all.

It you're not mute, you've got an accent.  It might not be a traditional southern accent, but you have an accent of some sort.

Generic American I guess.

Living in Atlanta, a soda is almost always a coke.  :)

The Brain

America should just have let the South go. Problem solved.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 25, 2015, 05:04:53 PM
She doea know it was a "battle" flag doesn't she? Helping to kill people was it's purpose.

The flag didn't kill anybody. Of course neither did t-shirts. But I bet if Che fans were shooting up churches those shirts would be banned by Walmart as well.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."