Main Menu

EU Immigration Crisis Megathread

Started by Tamas, June 15, 2015, 11:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

Quote from: Martinus on June 15, 2016, 02:40:32 AM
Germans being racist again :weep:

QuoteNo more polygamy & underage wives for immigrants, says German minister

German Justice Minister Heiko Maas has promised to crackdown on the growing problem of multiple, forced, and underage marriages that immigrants from developing countries are bringing with them – but which have often been ignored by authorities.

"No one who comes to us has the right to put their cultural roots or their religious beliefs above our laws," the politician from the center-left SPD party told Bild newspaper on Tuesday.

The state of Bavaria alone has been able to confirm 550 cases of brides aged under 18, and 161 under 16, living among the asylum seekers that have arrived in the recent migrant wave, and similar statistics have been reported throughout Germany, according to Bild.

A government report from 2012 stated that more than half of all Muslim marriages in Germany involved a bride who was under 18.

Spiegel reported the same year that as many as 30 percent of Arab men had multiple wives.

"Everyone must abide by rules and laws, whether they grew up here or are new," said Maas.

Local authorities frequently find ways to indulge and even support such practices. For example, the inheritance of one man is often distributed among his official and unofficial wives.

For other issues, Muslims often appeal to Sharia arbitrators, who bypass official institutions to rule according to Islamic scripture.

In the sphere of marriage, they have been helped by a 2009 law that allows religious marriages to be conducted without accompanying state registration, effectively giving the green light to a whole spectrum of semi-legal practices.

"No multiple marriages will be allowed to be recognized in Germany," insisted Maas.

However, the problem has been complicated by the influx of refugees, with more than 1.1 million arriving just last year. Although the torrent of newcomers has receded, more than 500,000 relatives of Syrian refugees are expected to join their families in Germany this year, which will present its own set of problems.

"I know a few men with many wives," Berlin Imam Abdul Adhim Kamouss admitted to Deutsche Welle. "The question is what does Maas want to do? I can understand it if he says that people who live here in Germany, and grew up here, cannot marry more than one woman – that is the law – but what about the people who come here and already have more than one wife? What are you supposed to do with those marriages?"

I have some ideas

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Martinus

My idea was not to let them in if they can't live by our rules.  :rolleyes:

Jaron

Quote from: Martinus on June 15, 2016, 03:04:24 AM
My idea was not to let them in if they can't live by our rules.  :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: I'm sure it was.

Liep

Same debate has started here because of London's mayor and this is being used as an example. It's NSFW and on the city buses in Copenhagen.

http://www.skrivunder.net/uploads/images/Nygart_Movia_bryster_bus_Facebook1.png

It's a commercial for plastic surgery and is titled "New Breasts?". Well, it upset a lot of people. :P
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

German Justice Minister Heiko Maas has promised to crackdown on the growing problem of multiple, forced, and underage marriages that immigrants from developing countries are bringing with them – but which have often been ignored by authorities.

"No one who comes to us has the right to put their cultural roots or their religious beliefs above our laws," the politician from the center-left SPD party told Bild newspaper on Tuesday.

The state of Bavaria alone has been able to confirm 550 cases of brides aged under 18, and 161 under 16, living among the asylum seekers that have arrived in the recent migrant wave, and similar statistics have been reported throughout Germany, according to Bild.

A government report from 2012 stated that more than half of all Muslim marriages in Germany involved a bride who was under 18.

Spiegel reported the same year that as many as 30 percent of Arab men had multiple wives.

"Everyone must abide by rules and laws, whether they grew up here or are new," said Maas.

Local authorities frequently find ways to indulge and even support such practices. For example, the inheritance of one man is often distributed among his official and unofficial wives.

For other issues, Muslims often appeal to Sharia arbitrators, who bypass official institutions to rule according to Islamic scripture.

In the sphere of marriage, they have been helped by a 2009 law that allows religious marriages to be conducted without accompanying state registration, effectively giving the green light to a whole spectrum of semi-legal practices.

"No multiple marriages will be allowed to be recognized in Germany," insisted Maas.

However, the problem has been complicated by the influx of refugees, with more than 1.1 million arriving just last year. Although the torrent of newcomers has receded, more than 500,000 relatives of Syrian refugees are expected to join their families in Germany this year, which will present its own set of problems.

"I know a few men with many wives," Berlin Imam Abdul Adhim Kamouss admitted to Deutsche Welle. "The question is what does Maas want to do? I can understand it if he says that people who live here in Germany, and grew up here, cannot marry more than one woman – that is the law – but what about the people who come here and already have more than one wife? What are you supposed to do with those marriages?"

An interesting question at the end. What should Germans do about it? I have some ideas but wonder what people here think.

Denmark removed 8 child brides from their husbands last year and the result was that the kids self-harmed and threatened to commit suicide, now we're changing the rules and will probably allow underage marriage on a case-to-case basis.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Jaron

Quote from: Liep on June 15, 2016, 04:05:57 AM

An interesting question at the end. What should Germans do about it? I have some ideas but wonder what people here think.

Denmark removed 8 child brides from their husbands last year and the result was that the kids self-harmed and threatened to commit suicide, now we're changing the rules and will probably allow underage marriage on a case-to-case basis.

Doesn't that seem backwards? It seems like these children need therapy.

Liep

Quote from: Jaron on June 15, 2016, 04:11:49 AM

It was a law made to appease the right wingers, it wasn't funded. Proper therapy in immigration camps is impossible, there are attached therapists that immigrants can speak to but there's like a 6 month waiting list.

And the right wingers are not going to accept spending more money on immigrants.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Liep on June 15, 2016, 04:16:17 AM

It was a law made to appease the right wingers, it wasn't funded. Proper therapy in immigration camps is impossible, there are attached therapists that immigrants can speak to but there's like a 6 month waiting list.

And the right wingers are not going to accept spending more money on immigrants.

I like this left-wing spin. It's always the right-wingers' fault! :lmfao:

Liep

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 15, 2016, 06:02:22 AM
Quote from: Liep on June 15, 2016, 04:16:17 AM

I like this left-wing spin. It's always the right-wingers fault! :lmfao:

I simply stated the facts.  :sleep:

Tamas

Isn't it a huge compromise on your values though? How does it work? Does a Danish citizen only need to convert to Islam to be able to marry a child, or does he have to relinguish his citizenship and apply for asylum?

Martinus

Wow. Just wow. I simply have no words. So do you also allow pedophiles to continue fucking their victims if victims "love" them?

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on June 15, 2016, 06:26:03 AM

Wow. Just wow.

Yes, that does seem like a very stupid reaction on their part. On the face of it, seems to show just how emotionally unprepared children are to be married.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Also, why weren't the husbands put in jail?

Liep

Right, okay, so when I said allow underage marriage I meant if the couple came here having been already married

Liep

Quote from: Martinus on June 15, 2016, 06:27:48 AM
Also, why weren't the husbands put in jail?

You have to commit a crime to be put in jail here.