EU Immigration Crisis Megathread

Started by Tamas, June 15, 2015, 11:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on May 05, 2016, 01:15:26 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on May 05, 2016, 01:13:26 PM
Quote from: Valmy on May 05, 2016, 01:10:03 PM
Quote from: Solmyr on May 05, 2016, 01:06:33 PM
freedom of speech means no private citizen can ever prevent any hate speech in any way

Well a private citizen should not be preventing speech outside of their own property. They can, of course, express their own ideas.

:huh:

Ok, so you stay in your house and yell at the TV.  Others will have to do the heavy lifting.

Preventing speech is a violation of human rights. I don't think I will allow that kind of activity to take place thank you.

What?  Preventing hate speech is a violation of human rights?   Since when?

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 05, 2016, 01:11:56 PM
Quote from: Valmy on May 05, 2016, 11:48:21 AM
Quote from: The Larch on May 05, 2016, 11:44:42 AM
You guys know that there are videos of the incident that you can check, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcXdLItLw8s

Thanks but I have zero interest in viewing a Neo-Nazis demonstration. Vomiting might be bad for my productivity this morning.

You should see it.  Turns out, surprise surprise, that the woman was not blocking the march at all.  She was allowing them to March and was conducting her protest ahead of them as they moved down the street.

Yep. As I said it does not appear that she did anything out of line.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on May 05, 2016, 01:16:49 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on May 05, 2016, 01:11:56 PM
Quote from: Valmy on May 05, 2016, 11:48:21 AM
Quote from: The Larch on May 05, 2016, 11:44:42 AM
You guys know that there are videos of the incident that you can check, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcXdLItLw8s

Thanks but I have zero interest in viewing a Neo-Nazis demonstration. Vomiting might be bad for my productivity this morning.

You should see it.  Turns out, surprise surprise, that the woman was not blocking the march at all.  She was allowing them to March and was conducting her protest ahead of them as they moved down the street.

Yep. As I said it does not appear that she did anything out of line.

You yet she was not on her own property?

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 05, 2016, 01:16:18 PM

Since forever. If  the KKK can freely march and demonstrate I don't see why that right should not be confirmed on other groups.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 05, 2016, 01:17:37 PM
You yet she was not on her own property?

How was she preventing them from expressing themselves? She was simply expressing herself.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on May 05, 2016, 01:17:48 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on May 05, 2016, 01:16:18 PM

Since forever. If  the KKK can freely march and demonstrate I don't see why that right should not be confirmed on other groups.

Nobody is stopping them from marching.  But it is absurd to suggest, as Marti does, that no one should protest against them while they are doing it.

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 05, 2016, 01:18:44 PM
But it is absurd to suggest, as Marti does, that no one should protest against them while they are doing it.

Well yes that would be ridiculous if he did, indeed. make that claim.

The Brain

CC, if you want you can stop now. We understand the situation.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

crazy canuck

Quote from: The Brain on May 05, 2016, 01:20:36 PM

Yeah, its pretty clear.  They had a permit so people should just leave them alone and not protest.  Got it.  Hope others don't follow your viewpoint.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on May 05, 2016, 01:20:21 PM
But it is absurd to suggest, as Marti does, that no one should protest against them while they are doing it.

He made the argument she was preventing them from exercising their rights.  The claim was absurd

Martinus

Quote from: Solmyr on May 05, 2016, 01:06:33 PM
Marti seems to be under the impression that a) freedom of speech means no private citizen can ever prevent any hate speech in any way, and b) that (Neo-)Nazis are peaceful, law-abiding people who never hurt anyone and that opposing them is perfectly safe.

Who gets to decide in this case what is and what isn't hate speech? The private citizen? Then it is vigilante justice in action.

Martinus

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 05, 2016, 01:32:13 PM
Quote from: Valmy on May 05, 2016, 01:20:21 PM

He made the argument she was preventing them from exercising their rights.  The claim was absurd

Given that I clarified my position on this point at least three times and you still refuse to acknowledge it and continue to misrepresent my position, I have to conclude that you are simply being intellectually dishonest. No worries, though. That's what I expect of you.

The Brain

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 05, 2016, 01:28:52 PM
Quote from: The Brain on May 05, 2016, 01:20:36 PM

Yeah, its pretty clear.  They had a permit so people should just leave them alone and not protest.  Got it.  Hope others don't follow your viewpoint.

You are monumentally dense.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Zanza on May 05, 2016, 12:31:50 PM
What's the role of the guy with the bright yellow vest and why is he aggressively pushing that clapping man away? It says "Independent Media" on his back...
Anyway, looks like she showed her defiance but didn't actually hinder the Nazi march and then one of them snapped and grabbed for her.

Wild guess is Independent Journalist means in house skinhead mouthpiece.

Martinus

Btw, no thread on the London mayor office going to an anti-Israeli Islamist-apologist Muslim? Or after Ken Livingstone it's nothing new anymore?