Main Menu

EU Immigration Crisis Megathread

Started by Tamas, June 15, 2015, 11:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ancient Demon

Martinus brings up a good point. How often do people like her try to oppose Islamists in the same way? Opposing neo-nazis is safe and easy.
Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Ancient Demon on May 04, 2016, 10:46:57 PM
Martinus brings up a good point. How often do people like her try to oppose Islamists in the same way? Opposing neo-nazis is safe and easy.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-23241937

Martinus

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 04, 2016, 10:52:12 PM
Quote from: Ancient Demon on May 04, 2016, 10:46:57 PM

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-23241937

You realise you are making our point, right? Malala was shot in the face for doing to Islamists the equivalent of what that "brave woman" did to neonazis.

Edit: Correction. Malala was not actually doing anything to prevent others from exercising their fundamental civil rights. That woman did.

Eddie Teach

I wouldn't say that opposing neo-nazis is "safe and easy", but they do seem able to control themselves when cameras and police are around.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

In any case, I don't see anything commendable in trying to prevent others from exercising their constitutional freedoms of expression or assembly. Debate them or have your own march on another day to demonstrate your numbers. What she is doing is essentially violence, and starts a slippery slope towards a society where anyone can use physical force to stop others from doing legal things you disagree with.

The Brain

The left and the extreme right consider the rule of law to be oppression. Are you saying they're wrong?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Crazy_Ivan80

apparently she's making the Black Panther sign/greet thingy. Can anyone confirm?

garbon

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on May 05, 2016, 03:30:44 AM
apparently she's making the Black Panther sign/greet thingy. Can anyone confirm?

Ignorant folk be ignorant but then that's par for the course with you. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Quote from: The Brain on May 05, 2016, 01:06:39 AM
The left and the extreme right consider the rule of law to be oppression. Are you saying they're wrong?

Yes. -_-

Gups

Quote from: Martinus on May 05, 2016, 12:04:51 AM
In any case, I don't see anything commendable in trying to prevent others from exercising their constitutional freedoms of expression or assembly. Debate them or have your own march on another day to demonstrate your numbers. What she is doing is essentially violence, and starts a slippery slope towards a society where anyone can use physical force to stop others from doing legal things you disagree with.

What physical force is she using. She is standing in the middle of a road.

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on May 04, 2016, 04:09:13 PM
What she did was not very brave. She apparently was at no risk.

Except for the uptick of Neo-Nazi attacks you are correct.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Quote from: Razgovory on May 05, 2016, 08:25:01 AM
Quote from: Martinus on May 04, 2016, 04:09:13 PM
What she did was not very brave. She apparently was at no risk.

Except for the uptick of Neo-Nazi attacks you are correct.

Got any stats on that?

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017