And we're back!

Main Menu

EU Immigration Crisis Megathread

Started by Tamas, June 15, 2015, 11:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on January 22, 2016, 09:02:19 AM
Quote from: Grallon on January 22, 2016, 06:51:04 AM
It's called indoctrination - something both religions and ideologies use extensively.

I don't know. In the past when we had the evil invading ethnic group or whatever it turned out to be nonsense. The Chinese were supposed to be incapable of being good citizens because they were so brainwashed by their culture of asiatic subservience and so forth. So, much like the boy that cried wolf, eventually you take these sorts of claims with some skepticism. Knowing many Muslims who are my personal friends also doesn't help me jump on this bandwagon. Also I have an overwhelming confidence in the power of 'Murica to assimilate people.

Err, you do realise we are talking about Europe, right? It's even in the fucking thread title.

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on January 22, 2016, 02:26:38 PM

Err, you do realise we are talking about Europe, right? It's even in the fucking thread title.

Oh FFS. We have too many different threads where we are discussing the same thing.

But anyway I think our experience is at least instructive. We have panicked numerous time about how this latest rush of immigrants was going to lead to the doom of the Republic and it always turned out fine.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

Quote from: Brazen on January 22, 2016, 11:54:46 AM
This report on "How to be Finnish" classes for immigrants sounds initially almost like a "Mind Your Language" type farce but seems to be doing the trick of addressing head-on some assumptions that the politically correct lobby might deem racist.

Quote"So in Finland," she says softly, "you can't buy a wife. A woman will only be your wife if she wants to be - because here women are men's equals."

Quote"But you can go out to the disco with a woman here," adds Johanna brightly. "Although remember, even if she dances with you very closely and is wearing a short skirt, that doesn't mean she wants to have sex with you."

A Somali teenager pulls his woolly hat over his ears and cradles his head in his hands as if his brain can't cope with all this new information.
"This is a very liberal country," he says incredulously. "We have a lot to learn. In my country if you make sexy with a woman you are killed!" He turns to his neighbour, a Malian man of a similar age to gauge his reaction.

"It's quite amazing," the Malian nods. "In my country a woman should not go out without her husband or brother."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-35353310

The end of the article is not very hopeful, is it?

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on January 22, 2016, 12:47:39 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on January 22, 2016, 12:46:26 PM
I think it would be rather cruel to inflict an anti-vaxxer on the Muslim world.  They have enough conspiracy theories as it is.

I would be shocked if they do not already have tons of those running around claiming the CIA or whatever is using them to destroy Muslims. Some insanity is multi-cultural.

Wait is Maher an anti-vaxxer? Damn.

He isn't an anti-vaxxer. Raz is, as is his wont, lying. Maher believes that some of the vaccines like, flu vaccines or vaccines for measles (not polio!) are unnecessary and are being pushed by big pharma (I don't agree with him on that - flu vaccines have worked very well for me) - but he definitely does not believe the "vaccines cause autism" or any similar bullshit. He has clarified this on the show several times.

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on January 22, 2016, 02:29:42 PM
Quote from: Martinus on January 22, 2016, 02:26:38 PM

Oh FFS. We have too many different threads where we are discussing the same thing.

But anyway I think our experience is at least instructive. We have panicked numerous time about how this latest rush of immigrants was going to lead to the doom of the Republic and it always turned out fine.

Yeah but you have a very different concept of nationality than we do. I am not saying it is a good thing for us but it's just how we roll - as I said in this thread before, it's a bit like you and your gun culture/second amendment shit. It's dysfunctional but just won't go away.

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on January 22, 2016, 02:33:07 PM
Quote from: Valmy on January 22, 2016, 12:47:39 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on January 22, 2016, 12:46:26 PM
I think it would be rather cruel to inflict an anti-vaxxer on the Muslim world.  They have enough conspiracy theories as it is.

I would be shocked if they do not already have tons of those running around claiming the CIA or whatever is using them to destroy Muslims. Some insanity is multi-cultural.

Wait is Maher an anti-vaxxer? Damn.

He isn't an anti-vaxxer. Raz is, as is his wont, lying. Maher believes that some of the vaccines like, flu vaccines or vaccines for measles (not polio!) are unnecessary and are being pushed by big pharma (I don't agree with him on that - flu vaccines have worked very well for me) - but he definitely does not believe the "vaccines cause autism" or any similar bullshit. He has clarified this on the show several times.

Nice try, and Maher has backtracked a bit, but his statements can still be found on the internet.

QuoteKING: Worried about Avian flu?

MAHER: Not the least. You know my theory about health.

KING: What?

MAHER: Well, we've talked about it. I'm not into western medicine. That to me is a complete scare tactic. It just shows you, you can...

KING: You mean you don't get a -- you don't get a flu shot?

MAHER: A flu shot is the worst thing you can do.

KING: Why? MAHER: Because it's got -- it's got mercury.

KING: It prevents flu.

MAHER: It doesn't prevent. First of all, that's...

KING: I haven't had the flu in 25 years since I've been taking a flu shot.

MAHER: Well, I hate to tell you, Larry, but if you have a flu shot for more than five years in a row, there's ten times the likelihood that you'll get Alzheimer's disease. I would stop getting your...

KING: What did you say?

MAHER: That went better in rehearsal but it was still good. Absolutely, no the defense against disease is to have a strong immune system. A flu shot just compromises your immune system.

KING: So you don't take any western medicine, don't take an aspirin?

MAHER: Never, an aspirin no. Thousands of people die from aspirin every year.

KING: How do you treat illness?

MAHER: I promise you that if you get a headache the reason for that headache is not aspirin deficiency. The reason...

KING: No, of course not.

MAHER: Right, so you're taking -- so it's not...

KING: Something to take the pain away. Why is that bad?

MAHER: But why don't you find out the real root of that pain?

KING: Well, while you're finding take the aspirin.

MAHER: But that's what we do. We have immediate cures that address the symptom and not the root cause of anything. I have no worries about bird flu whatsoever. First of all, it's not going to happen. Second of all, the fact that it is mutating shows that if you did come up with a vaccine tomorrow, it wouldn't be effective against the disease when the disease comes because the disease is always morphing and mutating. It's just a way to funnel money into the pharmaceutical companies. Follow the money. You'll find out where the bird flu is.

KING: You wouldn't say the Salk vaccine was a bad idea.

MAHER: That's somewhat of a different case, yes.

KING: Polio was eliminated. MAHER: Yes but, you know, there are many books out that will -- that will -- and I'm not well enough versed on it to talk about it that will indicate that there are other reasons why it was.

And a lot of diseases that have been they say, whoa, this was eliminated because of a vaccine, they find out well no actually the country got toilets and that's what happened.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0512/15/lkl.01.html

He's also a anti-GM food nut.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on January 22, 2016, 02:56:47 PM
I'm anti-GM food too.  :huh:

:lol:  Yeah, but we already knew that you were an idiot.  I didn't know you were that kind of nut.  Anyway, I got posted part of an interview were he says he doesn't believe in Western medicine and thinks that Flu shots cause Alzheimer's disease.  I think I proved my point here.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Oh noes! Vaccines have mercury!

And some food has iron so I guess it is the same as getting chopped up by a broadsword.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

The Brain

A person who doesn't believe in Western medicine is a moran.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on January 22, 2016, 02:35:08 PM
Yeah but you have a very different concept of nationality than we do. I am not saying it is a good thing for us but it's just how we roll - as I said in this thread before, it's a bit like you and your gun culture/second amendment shit. It's dysfunctional but just won't go away.

Yes I know. The entire point of Denmark is to be a homeland for the Danish people. But also remember I was talking to Grallon who comes from a country closer to mine.

Valmy

Quote from: The Brain on January 22, 2016, 03:05:49 PM
A person who doesn't believe in Western medicine is a moran.

Corporations are involved therefore it is all a conspiracy. Or something.

Syt

Quote from: Valmy on January 22, 2016, 03:05:10 PM
Oh noes! Vaccines have mercury!

And some food has iron so I guess it is the same as getting chopped up by a broadsword.

It's like when some people cry "OMG the sweetener in Coke Zero creates these toxins in your body during digestion!"

Yes, correct, but the same toxins are produced by your digestive system in much larger quantities if you eat fruits and vegetables.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Liep

PegidaDK is demonstrating today in Copenhagen. They invited the leader of PegidaUK to make a speech and I think it's titled "For Freedom" and is about warning Denmark against accepting Sharia Law.

Police is there because obviously the "anti-fascists" and other crazy people who just wants a fight will be there throwing stuff at the right wingers.

When will the left learn that it'll harm these right wing nutters more to just let them hold their demonstration and then be ridiculed in the news later in the evening because only 30 people showed up. :(
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

About 30 people showed up, there are both more police and more "anti-fascists" and the latter two are now fighting.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk