News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

EU Immigration Crisis Megathread

Started by Tamas, June 15, 2015, 11:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Razgovory

Quote from: citizen k on January 25, 2016, 03:47:20 PM

So Ishaan Tharoor  had to go to 17th century  to find an example of Christians cooperating with Muslims to kill people.  Truly grasping at straws, terrorist apologist.

I could pick out quite a few since the 17th century.  WWI, WWII, Korea, Afghanistan (both American and Soviet phases), Iraq (Gulf war, Iraq war, current war against ISIS).  It's not that hard.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tamas

https://youtu.be/Ab6MXX4jBGw

VICE covers the anarchist/far-left ignited battle at Calais the other day.

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on January 25, 2016, 04:12:27 PM
Quote from: garbon on January 25, 2016, 04:11:48 PM
Every single war? With a sufficient number of Muslim fighters for that to be notable? :huh:

Some more than others.

My personal favourite is the battle of Grunwald (also called the battle of Tannenberg) which is considered, by Polish right wing Catholic nationalists, a go-to historical event to symbolise what they are fighting for (mainly because it was depicted in a grand painting by a 19th century romantic painter and in an early 20th century novel, where the Polish knights are depicted singing a religious song as they begin charging the ranks of the Teutonic Knights).

The part they are missing is that in addition to Poles, the Polish army included Russian Orthodox allies, a contingent or two of Muslim Tartars from Crimea, the Lithuanian regiments of very-recently-converted-from-paganism-wink-wink warriors, and Hussite mercenaries, kicking the flower of Western Christendom to the curb. :D

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on January 26, 2016, 08:02:11 AM
Quote from: Valmy on January 25, 2016, 04:12:27 PM
Quote from: garbon on January 25, 2016, 04:11:48 PM
Every single war? With a sufficient number of Muslim fighters for that to be notable? :huh:

Some more than others.

My personal favourite is the battle of Grunwald (also called the battle of Tannenberg) which is considered, by Polish right wing Catholic nationalists, a go-to historical event to symbolise what they are fighting for (mainly because it was depicted in a grand painting by a 19th century romantic painter and in an early 20th century novel, where the Polish knights are depicted singing a religious song as they begin charging the ranks of the Teutonic Knights).

The part they are missing is that in addition to Poles, the Polish army included Russian Orthodox allies, a contingent or two of Muslim Tartars from Crimea, the Lithuanian regiments of very-recently-converted-from-paganism-wink-wink warriors, and Hussite mercenaries, kicking the flower of Western Christendom to the curb. :D

Both of those things could easily be true. I mean Muslim Tatars have fought for the Poles in most of their wars, it does not mean that somehow Catholicism does not play a big role as well.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

I still think it played a bigger role for the Teutonic Knights. ;)

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on January 26, 2016, 08:21:34 AM
I still think it played a bigger role for the Teutonic Knights. ;)

I don't know. It kind of strikes me like laughing at a Roman Triumph because a lot of the soldiers were Federati.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Syt

To illustrate the credibility crisis of German police after Cologne:

A 13 year old girl with disappeared in Berlin (her parents are Russo-Germans immigrants). 30 hours later she was back. Rumors rose that she had been abducted by immigrants/refugees and raped.

Police and prosecutors have said repeatedly that the girl was neither abducted nor raped, but that there had been consensual sex (age of consent in Germany is 14 IIRC, though I believe there's lenience rules if both parties are under 18 - or 16? I guess she disappeared to/with her boyfriend and they messed around). Police refuse to say more to protect the privacy of all involved.

Russian media says that the girl was abducted and treated as sex slave by immigrants. Russo-Germans demonstrated in several cities, and Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov accuses German authorities of hushing up the case and calls for a full investigation and protection of Russian immigrants in Germany.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Martinus

Damn, you can almost see how a situation like this can degenerate into barbarism very quickly. It's just a matter of a scandal or two.

But then German police have noone to blame but themselves.

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on January 26, 2016, 09:04:45 AM

A 13 year old girl with disappeared in Berlin (her parents are Russo-Germans immigrants). 30 hours later she was back. Rumors rose that she had been abducted by immigrants/refugees and raped.

Police and prosecutors have said repeatedly that the girl was neither abducted nor raped, but that there had been consensual sex (age of consent in Germany is 14 IIRC, though I believe there's lenience rules if both parties are under 18 - or 16? I guess she disappeared to/with her boyfriend and they messed around). Police refuse to say more to protect the privacy of all involved.

Russian media says that the girl was abducted and treated as sex slave by immigrants. Russo-Germans demonstrated in several cities, and Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov accuses German authorities of hushing up the case and calls for a full investigation and protection of Russian immigrants in Germany.

Oh Dear God.

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Syt on January 26, 2016, 09:04:45 AM

The cover ups were a dreadful mistake. Conspiracy theories were confirmed, having been confirmed it is almost impossible to put them back into the box. Veracity is an attribute easily lost.

The Brain

You reap what you sow. You don't rape your sow.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Liep

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/01/26/europe/denmark-vote-jewelry-bill-migrants/index.html

Top story on CNN.com, go Denmark! Also, video interview is with the top Languish voted politician from Denmark, the beautiful Pernille Skipper.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

That doesn't look like the chick with the hot instagram photos.  :hmm:

Edit- Nikita Klaestrup

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?