News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

EU Immigration Crisis Megathread

Started by Tamas, June 15, 2015, 11:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on January 21, 2016, 04:36:19 PM
Both this cleric and the xenophobes believe women who were assaulted by Muslim is caused by actions of westerners.

He is saying the exact same thing that right wing fundy nutcases like him have said forever.

QuoteThey differ in what those actions are but the blame is rests in the same place.

No, they blame different actions by different people. Not equivalent at all.

QuoteOne of the great protectors of women who was concerned about the barbaric foreigners stabbed the mayor in the throat over this issue.  If the Refugees start political assassination attempts then they and the Crazy Ivans and Grallons will be on equal footing.  Right now, the Muslims need to be bit more depraved to keep up European hard right.

Well good luck to them I say.

However I was just commenting on this one crazy dude not all European Muslims, just as I don't think Crazy Ivan has stabbed anybody...
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

They blame the same people, those evil lefties.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Quote from: Legbiter on January 21, 2016, 05:00:19 AM
QuoteA Cologne imam has said the victims of the New Years Eve mob sex attacks had themselves to blame because they wore perfume.

Sami Abu-Yusuf added that he was not surprised the girls were sexually assaulted, groped and raped, because of the way they dressed.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3408033/Muslim-cleric-says-Cologne-sex-attacks-victims-fault-wore-PERFUME.html

And he probably expresses how many people coming from the same culture as he think. What boggles my mind is why so many leftists and liberals simply refuse to acknowledge that simple fact - people brought up in different cultures have often vastly different views on things, and such views are deeply ingrained and "logical" within their cultural context. The belief that such views can change quickly, simply because of exposure to another culture, is extremely naive. And saying that criminal law is a sufficient tool of dealing with deviancy that is deeply culturally ingrained in a certain demographic is also quite wrong - criminal law is an efficient tool only when it is supported by the majority (so deviants are singled out and ostracised) - where it goes against dominant cultural beliefs of an entire community, the only way to enforce it is with extreme repression.

Martinus

Quote from: Liep on January 21, 2016, 09:51:38 AM
We call many of your mainstream politicians for hate preachers over here. :P

I was merely dragging Amerikkka into the discussion because you too have religious assholes and thought I saw a similarity.

I guess the real question is how representative of their respective religious communities these preachers are, though.

Bill Maher, for example, was raised Roman Catholic. He now has a weekly show where he mercilessly ridicules and lampoons Christian hate preachers who blame gays for tornados.

I guess now all we need to do is to find an ex-Muslim apostate comedian who does the same to Muslim hate preachers (and preferably one that has never been assaulted with anything but a strongly worded letter and does not live with 24/7 police protection) and we could sleep safe knowing that your equivalency has worked.  :)

Liep

We have still-Muslims comedians who ridicules Muslim hate preachers. Is that close enough? And I'm not trying to prove any equivalence between Christian or Muslim hate preachers or the respective people who think they're on to something, I'm just saying they're both there.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Grallon

Quote from: Martinus on January 22, 2016, 01:49:33 AM
... What boggles my mind is why so many leftists and liberals simply refuse to acknowledge that simple fact -  ...

It's called indoctrination - something both religions and ideologies use extensively.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Martinus

Quote from: Liep on January 22, 2016, 04:34:44 AM
We have still-Muslims comedians who ridicules Muslim hate preachers. Is that close enough? And I'm not trying to prove any equivalence between Christian or Muslim hate preachers or the respective people who think they're on to something, I'm just saying they're both there.

Nah, not even close - it's being ex-Muslim that gets you the death sentence.

Valmy

Quote from: Grallon on January 22, 2016, 06:51:04 AM
It's called indoctrination - something both religions and ideologies use extensively.

I don't know. In the past when we had the evil invading ethnic group or whatever it turned out to be nonsense. The Chinese were supposed to be incapable of being good citizens because they were so brainwashed by their culture of asiatic subservience and so forth. So, much like the boy that cried wolf, eventually you take these sorts of claims with some skepticism. Knowing many Muslims who are my personal friends also doesn't help me jump on this bandwagon. Also I have an overwhelming confidence in the power of 'Murica to assimilate people.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

dps

Quote from: Valmy on January 22, 2016, 09:02:19 AM
Also I have an overwhelming confidence in the power of 'Murica to assimilate people.

We can co-op anything.

Brazen

This report on "How to be Finnish" classes for immigrants sounds initially almost like a "Mind Your Language" type farce but seems to be doing the trick of addressing head-on some assumptions that the politically correct lobby might deem racist.

Quote"So in Finland," she says softly, "you can't buy a wife. A woman will only be your wife if she wants to be - because here women are men's equals."

Quote"But you can go out to the disco with a woman here," adds Johanna brightly. "Although remember, even if she dances with you very closely and is wearing a short skirt, that doesn't mean she wants to have sex with you."

A Somali teenager pulls his woolly hat over his ears and cradles his head in his hands as if his brain can't cope with all this new information.
"This is a very liberal country," he says incredulously. "We have a lot to learn. In my country if you make sexy with a woman you are killed!" He turns to his neighbour, a Malian man of a similar age to gauge his reaction.

"It's quite amazing," the Malian nods. "In my country a woman should not go out without her husband or brother."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-35353310

Grallon

Quote from: Valmy on January 22, 2016, 09:02:19 AM

I don't know. In the past when we had the evil invading ethnic group or whatever it turned out to be nonsense. The Chinese were supposed to be incapable of being good citizens because they were so brainwashed by their culture of asiatic subservience and so forth. So, much like the boy that cried wolf, eventually you take these sorts of claims with some skepticism. Knowing many Muslims who are my personal friends also doesn't help me jump on this bandwagon. Also I have an overwhelming confidence in the power of 'Murica to assimilate people.

Europe is in a very different situation than the US.  They've all embraced the detestable multikulti doctrine to one degree or another -which the US haven't.  And one of its precepts is to *not* try to assimilate people from other cultures since theirs is just as good and valid as yours.  Again something Americans do not experience since you are collectively very proud of your own culture and do not apologize for its existence.  So they are faced with a torrent of refugees and are conditioned to not protest the fact; actually their elites are forever trying to guilt trip Europeans for wanting to protect their own heritage. 

Once again because multikulti states that nationalism is inherently evil.  Something we Quebecers know very well seeing how the Anglos in Canada have embraced the same cult with a vengance - although for different reasons.  In Europe they were traumatized by the 2 world wars - here its main purpose is twofold: establish a distinction between Canada and the US and destroy the French-Canadian nation by diluting it among a myriad of other cultures who are all equal...  one minority among others.  Canadians like to see themselves as morally superior to everyone.  It's a  form of compensation for lacking both a clear national identity (when compared to us in Quebec) and the power of their mighty southern neighbor.

So in short it doesn't mean that the arguments which do not apply in the US' case are invalid when considering what's happening in Europe.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on January 22, 2016, 01:58:55 AM
Quote from: Liep on January 21, 2016, 09:51:38 AM
We call many of your mainstream politicians for hate preachers over here. :P

I was merely dragging Amerikkka into the discussion because you too have religious assholes and thought I saw a similarity.

I guess the real question is how representative of their respective religious communities these preachers are, though.

Bill Maher, for example, was raised Roman Catholic. He now has a weekly show where he mercilessly ridicules and lampoons Christian hate preachers who blame gays for tornados.

I guess now all we need to do is to find an ex-Muslim apostate comedian who does the same to Muslim hate preachers (and preferably one that has never been assaulted with anything but a strongly worded letter and does not live with 24/7 police protection) and we could sleep safe knowing that your equivalency has worked.  :)

I think it would be rather cruel to inflict an anti-vaxxer on the Muslim world.  They have enough conspiracy theories as it is.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on January 22, 2016, 12:46:26 PM
I think it would be rather cruel to inflict an anti-vaxxer on the Muslim world.  They have enough conspiracy theories as it is.

I would be shocked if they do not already have tons of those running around claiming the CIA or whatever is using them to destroy Muslims. Some insanity is multi-cultural.

Wait is Maher an anti-vaxxer? Damn.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Valmy on January 22, 2016, 12:47:39 PM

I would be shocked if they do not already have tons of those running around claiming the CIA or whatever is using them to destroy Muslims. Some insanity is multi-cultural.

of course they have, it's why Polio just won't die.

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Valmy on January 22, 2016, 12:47:39 PM

Wait is Maher an anti-vaxxer? Damn.

They have those in Pakistan at least :

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/01/deadly-blast-hits-anti-polio-centre-pakistan-160113044540957.html