Main Menu

EU Immigration Crisis Megathread

Started by Tamas, June 15, 2015, 11:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: Martinus on January 08, 2016, 08:26:53 AM
On an unrelated note

:rolleyes:

Quotecan the church of scientology operate freely in Germany?

http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/hubbard-s-church-unconstitutional-germany-prepares-to-ban-scientology-a-522052.html

They're under monitoring by Domestic Intelligence services, similar to Islamist organizations.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Martinus

Ah, so the claim that under German constitution it is not possible to discriminate on the grounds of religion wasn't quite true, was it?

For all my dislike of Scientology, Islam seems much more harmful...

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on January 08, 2016, 08:18:56 AM
It makes sense to mention, IMHO, so that people reading the article don't think they recently arrived with the refugee treks.

I agree. I actually failed to read that. Would not have posted the article if I have, as it has no connection to this topic. Blame sensationalist article titles.

Syt

Quote from: Martinus on January 08, 2016, 08:31:04 AM
Ah, so the claim that under German constitution it is not possible to discriminate on the grounds of religion wasn't quite true, was it?

It's not recogninzed as religion in Germany. You can find one of the main reasons here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology#Scientology_as_a_commercial_or_criminal_enterprise
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Martinus

Quote from: Syt on January 08, 2016, 08:34:44 AM

It's not recogninzed as religion in Germany. You can find one of the main reasons here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology#Scientology_as_a_commercial_or_criminal_enterprise

I am not sure if you can say you don't discriminate on religious grounds if a state official can actually determine if you are a religion in the first place.  :lol:

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Martinus on January 08, 2016, 08:37:06 AM
Quote from: Syt on January 08, 2016, 08:34:44 AM

I am not sure if you can say you don't discriminate on religious grounds if a state official can actually determine if you are a religion in the first place.  :lol:

It works for Saudi Arabia  :P

Syt

Quote from: Martinus on January 08, 2016, 08:37:06 AM

IMHO it makes sense to have legal safeguards so that Mart's Church of Goatse can't claim discrimination if their ritual of public blow jobs is banned from public. Freedom of religion is a constitutional basic right, and taking steps like against Scientology is a huge legal process with many hurdles.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Zanza

And it is mainly about their tax status, not about their actual religious practice. And it aims at the organisation, i.e. the legal persona, not the individual members. There is no comparable legal entity for Muslims in Germany.

Martim Silva

It makes sense to mention, IMHO, so that people reading the article don't think they recently arrived with the refugee treks.

What you are admitting - although not realizing - is that the integration process of Mulisms hasn't worked for years.

And yet, we are to believe that these millions of new arrived young men from the harshest lands in the Middle East will actually end up integrating nicely, even when those that came years earlier - and with less pressure -  did not?

The sheer stupidity of the gutmenschen is appaling  :face:

Syt

Quote from: Martim Silva on January 08, 2016, 12:35:00 PM
What you are admitting - although not realizing - is that the integration process of Mulisms hasn't worked for years.

I think extrapolating that from the Telegraph story is a bit far fetched. Are there badly integrated migrants and/or Muslims? Yes.

But I disagree with pointing to every case where a (possible) Muslim does something bad and screaming "THE MUSLIMS" without knowing the background of the story. Victims and accused knew each other; apparently there was first consensual exchange of caresses that then turned into rape (a scenario that, sad as it is, is not exclusive to Muslims or people from the Middle East). Police have said that the nationality of the accused has little relevance in this case. They have not commented on the nationality of the girls. It hasn't even been confirmed in the dozen or so news stories on this that the accused are indeed Muslims or if they're part of the Christian Syrian diaspora.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

Quote from: Martim Silva on January 08, 2016, 12:35:00 PM

And yet, we are to believe that these millions of new arrived young men from the harshest lands in the Middle East will actually end up integrating nicely, even when those that came years earlier - and with less pressure -  did not?

The sheer stupidity of the gutmenschen is appaling  :face:

err....my first girlfriend was Iranian.
I spent the new year getting drunk with a bunch of nationalities, including an Azerbaijani, a Turk and a Pakistani.
Through the years I've known many muslims who were pretty damn integrated.

It's funny how ignorant right wingers can be about muslims in Europe.
The reason many majority muslim areas are considered dodgy is not because of any shariah law nonsense, its because they're former industrial cities gone to hell- and as anybody with half a brain knows you don't go walking around a dodgy part of Liverpool in a Man Utd shirt (i.e. white guy in majority brown guy area- obvious outsider, ripe for alcohol fuelled, ultra violence medium, entertainment).
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

It's pretty offensive that you say "Muslims aren't that bad, they're actually chavs!".
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

It always comes back to closing the coal mines with Tyr.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

QuoteIt always comes back to closing the coal mines with Tyr.
It was a very big deal. Up there with the wars in the changes it brought.

Quote from: The Brain on January 08, 2016, 01:21:20 PM
It's pretty offensive that you say "Muslims aren't that bad, they're actually chavs!".
But its true. The problem with the rough muslim towns is that they're TOO integrated.
Give me a religious guy in full traditional dress over a track suit bottomed, stupid haircutted, gobshite any day.

This isn't all muslims of course. There are lots of them who grew up in decent areas too of course. But the way migration worked to the UK did lead to the Pakistanis and Bangladeshis tending to be from the more uneducated segments of society than the Indians.
██████
██████
██████

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Tyr on January 08, 2016, 01:39:26 PM
QuoteIt always comes back to closing the coal mines with Tyr.
It was a very big deal. Up there with the wars in the changes it brought.

Quote from: The Brain on January 08, 2016, 01:21:20 PM
But its true. The problem with the rough muslim towns is that they're TOO integrated.
Give me a religious guy in full traditional dress over a track suit bottomed, stupid haircutted, gobshite any day.

Too integrated into the lumpenproletariat codes that is. ;)
So for instance Salafists are to be preferred to chavs according to you?  :lmfao:
Not to mention some mix both, religious dress and ugly sneakers: worst of both worlds!