News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

EU Immigration Crisis Megathread

Started by Tamas, June 15, 2015, 11:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on January 09, 2016, 02:56:13 AM

"Quiet" religious types pushing their so-called religion all the time and doing some recruiting by turning chavs into jihadis with their taqqiya skills are a problem too. The line is not easily drawn as you think.
There are quite a few muslims who are religious yet not extremists.

QuoteYeah. It always amuses me how the loony left seems to cling to the strawman that any problems with Islam are connected solely with terrorism (assuming they even acknowledge the connection in the first place). Meanwhile, it goes after Catholics or Southern Baptists (who, compared to most "moderate" religious Muslims, are leftie pinko liberals) with fire-breathing anti-religious vehemence.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/15-things-i-learned-about-islam-and-british-values-as-a-gay-boy-living-opposite-a-mosque-a6763466.html

Quote15 things I learned about Islam and British values as a gay boy living opposite a mosque

1. No mosque has enough parking and Muslim men love to complain about it. I don't care how young or trendy they are; within seconds they will be pointing at bits of pavement and muttering about the number of cars you could fit in there — like my Granddad from Manchester does at Sainsbury's.

2. You can do that look British people do to each other, when someone nearby is making a scene, in a full face veil.

3. Muslims pray a lot.

4. You will be happy they pray a lot when you get stabbed on your doorstep and are too scared to go outside, so you time your trips to the shops to coincide with these prayers as the streets are full of friendly people.

5. Muslims, like all British people have that one problematic uncle that kinda ruins family occasions.

6. When confronted with something out of their comfort zone, like me and my boyfriend in full drag dancing down the road, Muslims - like all British people - get flustered and overcompensate by being overly polite — a bit like Hugh Grant.

7. When finding out you have been dating your boyfriend for five years, your Muslim neighbours will be disgusted that you haven't proposed. You hear "Get a civil partnership — for your mother's sake" a lot.

8. Apparently there is usually half a cup of tea next to the prayer mat when praying at home — especially for morning prayers.

9. Like the rest of British dads, all Muslim fathers think their daughter is smarter than everyone, even though she is only 6 years old...

10...and that their son is a heartbreaker even though it's clear to everyone else that he spends all his time on his Xbox.

11. Young Muslim women are really, really, really ambitious.

12. British people's dry sarcasm works really well when confronting the times the more traditional parts of Islam come face-to-face with modern gay culture. For example, when I donated three sequined crop-tops to the Islamic Relief Syria clothing drive, one of the older guys there smirked while shaking my hand and said, "Our brothers and sisters in Syria thank you for the evening wear."

13. There is always an aunt who gets too involved in the wedding planning and annoys the bride.

14. During ramadan and eid there will be so many people on the streets going to mosque that the drugs dealers will have to move to other places — making your area really safe for a while.

15. Mothers will say anything to stop their kids nagging them. I once saw a Muslim mother tell her kid who wanted some fried chicken after Friday night prayer, that the shop wasn't halal - even though there was a 5ft square neon halal sign in the window. Reminds me of when my mum told me that the chip shop was closed for a private event as she wanted some peace.

██████
██████
██████

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Liep on January 09, 2016, 08:11:50 AM
You're not quiet if you preach.

I used the word quietist. Quite not the same. :)
Quiet was used LaCroix, in reference to his post I used quotation marks. Nice try Liep :)

Liep

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on January 09, 2016, 02:48:17 PM
Quote from: Liep on January 09, 2016, 08:11:50 AM
You're not quiet if you preach.

I used the word quietist. Quite not the same. :)
Quiet was used LaCroix, in reference to his post I used quotation marks. Nice try Liep :)

I'm not sure I tried anything.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

A man has been arrested for smuggling a refugee to Sweden, did so in an inflatable boat from close to Helsingør and they landed a little north of Helsingborg.

This better not become a thing. I can't even imagine what would happen if a boat sank in the freezing water and dead refugee children was washed up on either shore.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Legbiter

Quote from: Liep on January 10, 2016, 07:22:02 AMThis better not become a thing. I can't even imagine what would happen if a boat sank in the freezing water and dead refugee children was washed up on either shore.

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Liep

Josquius

So when people get upset over all the refugees on account of a few images that's some horrible cynical thing. But when people get upset over all the refugees on account of a few criminals in Germany who may or.may not be refugees that's cool?
██████
██████
██████

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Martinus

Quote from: Tyr on January 10, 2016, 07:35:55 AM
So when people get upset over all the refugees on account of a few images that's some horrible cynical thing. But when people get upset over all the refugees on account of a few criminals in Germany who may or.may not be refugees that's cool?

You do realise that this argument cuts both ways, don't you? Both sides have been appealing to emotion whilst denouncing the other side for doing the same. That's what makes it so difficult when one tries to keep the middle ground - either you have to believe that all muslims are terrorists and should be left to die on their little boats or that muslims are great people and terrorism is caused by Western imperialism. There's hardly anyone left who tries to find a moderate position.

Josquius

Quote from: Martinus on January 10, 2016, 01:56:14 PM

You do realise that this argument cuts both ways, don't you?
That was exactly the point of my post.....
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Swedish police admit that they keep silent about some crimes for party political reasons (they don't want to give the Sweden Democrats any ammo) when the perps are immigrants. Festivals in Stockholm have had Cologne-like incidents on a smaller scale in 2014 and 2015.

Thanks Obama!
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on January 10, 2016, 01:56:14 PM

You do realise that this argument cuts both ways, don't you? Both sides have been appealing to emotion whilst denouncing the other side for doing the same. That's what makes it so difficult when one tries to keep the middle ground - either you have to believe that all muslims are terrorists and should be left to die on their little boats or that muslims are great people and terrorism is caused by Western imperialism. There's hardly anyone left who tries to find a moderate position.

I think plenty of people try to find a moderate position. The problem is we have a hard time producing sufficient outrage fodder to keep people inspired.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Crazy_Ivan80

and in the meantime the new year cesspool keeps growing larger and larger. And this year we can expect another million+ of these people.