Main Menu

EU Immigration Crisis Megathread

Started by Tamas, June 15, 2015, 11:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Martinus on August 25, 2015, 02:49:47 PM
Quote from: Valmy on August 25, 2015, 02:46:39 PM
Quote from: Tamas on August 25, 2015, 02:42:08 PM
:lol: guys, it is a view, nay, accepted truth by a significant portion of the Hungarian right, that it is the USA financing the journey of all the migrants to break the neck of the EU, it's economic and rival

Ah well that is not surprising. We cause everything in the entire world.

Tamas failed to mention that the USA is controlled by the Jews, though.
but not all the way down, or things would be better run.

Valmy

The US only appears to not be well run. It only seems like most of our foreign adventures end in disastrous failure. That is part of the conspiracy.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Zanza

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on August 25, 2015, 02:55:21 PM
Quote from: Zanza on August 25, 2015, 01:39:48 PM
So you think that a couple of lawyers, civil servants, NGOs, slum landlords and illegal employers somehow have a strong lobby in our government to actually influence immigration and asylum policy? Now, admittedly I cannot prove you wrong, but such a hodgepodge group is not what you usually hear about when people complain about lobbyism in Germany.

your question was: "who's making money from letting in refugees". These are potential groups that make money on the back of the immigration/refugee-issue.
That these disparate groups would [edit]not[/edit] be lobbying together I doubt it, especially as the last groups are often enough tackled by the first (and rightfully so).
But these first groups have -at least in Belgium, which isn't Germany of course- a significant influence (waxing and waning depending many factors, but there) on policy via administration, public opinion (through the po-co-press) and political parties (usually, but not exclusively, left wing).

And while I'm for helping refugees I'm quite surprised that with the way migration has been mishandled since decades (including the ongoing lack of differentiation between refugees and economic migrants) the blowback isn't already much larger than what it is. But nothing a few more terrorists can't wreck too  :glare:. I maintain the stance that there's worse to come.
My question referred to grallon's claim that the German policy on this follows monetary interests. I find that inconclusive and doubt that the aforementioned groups have enough lobbying power. Your post could not convince me.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Zanza on August 25, 2015, 03:21:18 PM
My question referred to grallon's claim that the German policy on this follows monetary interests. I find that inconclusive and doubt that the aforementioned groups have enough lobbying power. Your post could not convince me.

Doesn't matter, as Belgium isn't Germany. Things are different here.

mongers

The UK need to accept it's international responsibility and take around 100,00 of these Syrian refugees; our government's policy is to overthrow Syria's government, so it's partially responsible for creating a part of this refugee crisis in the first place.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

Quote from: mongers on August 25, 2015, 04:15:28 PM
our government's policy is to overthrow Syria's government

Have several sternly worded letters been sent?

alfred russel

Quote from: Tamas on August 25, 2015, 02:42:08 PM
:lol: guys, it is a view, nay, accepted truth by a significant portion of the Hungarian right, that it is the USA financing the journey of all the migrants to break the neck of the EU, it's economic and rival

Shouldn't that make the US the hero of the Hungarian right, given how the EU's main objective is to undermine the Hungarian people?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Zanza

So Merkel will finally visit the refugee camp in Heidenau, Saxony, that has seen the worst nazi protests over the weekend. It's good that she's showing herself there. Some minor figures in her party were already trying to make points with populist policies, such as not allowing refugee children in schools until their asylum claim has been granted.

Germany will also double the funding for social housing for the next five years.

Tamas

Tear gas was used in one of the reception camps in Hungary to disperse about 200 migrants.

One version is that they wanted to get under shelter from the rain. Police said they refused to give fingerprints and wanted to leave the camp.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34061532

Tamas

An also popular anti-migrant line in Hungary is, sort of trying to underline the "payed agents of America" thing: "WTF they are not refugees, look at their expensive clothing and smart phones!"

And I don't know which reasoning for that is more pathetic:
These Hungarians are either so poor they consider what is trashy poor clothing in the West to be "expensive clothing", and so backward that for them a mobile with an LCD screen is expensive top of the line technology

OR

They have a distorted view of everything outside of Europe, expecting migrants to be, IDK, dressed in tribal clothing or something?

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on August 25, 2015, 03:04:02 PM
The US only appears to not be well run. It only seems like most of our foreign adventures end in disastrous failure. That is part of the conspiracy.

This is because Jews want to keep plausible deniability.

Martinus

Even if I am, to put it mildly, sceptical about Muslim cultures, I support accepting the refugees (including the Muslims ones), simply because one look at the anti-immigration crowd convinces me they cannot be right on anything.

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on August 26, 2015, 06:39:23 AM
Even if I am, to put it mildly, sceptical about Muslim cultures, I support accepting the refugees (including the Muslims ones), simply because one look at the anti-immigration crowd convinces me they cannot be right on anything.

And this is how most political opinions in this country are formed.

'Well that seems like a good idea...but Obama did it so surely it must be bad.'

But yeah Poland should take in refugees and other immigrants. preferably more of the later than the former. It will really help with that perception of insularity as well as actual insularity.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

Quote from: Zanza on August 26, 2015, 02:14:56 AM
So Merkel will finally visit the refugee camp in Heidenau, Saxony, that has seen the worst nazi protests over the weekend. It's good that she's showing herself there. Some minor figures in her party were already trying to make points with populist policies, such as not allowing refugee children in schools until their asylum claim has been granted.

Germany will also double the funding for social housing for the next five years.

Hundreds of right wingers welcomed Merkel with protests. Vice chancellor Gabriel called the protesters previously "Pack," (a derogatory term for a mob; dict.leo.org offers "vermin" which I find a tad too strong), so many of them were chanting "Wir sind das Pack!", a callback to the 1989 chants of "Wir sind das Volk" which were also used by Pegida and other "asylum critics." Other chanted "Volksverräter" (traitor).

A guy who called on Facebook for real Germans to stand up and arrest Merkel for treason during her visit in Heidenau was visited by the police, informing him that while he's free to report her to the police for treason, he is not permitted to arrest her.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

dps

Quote from: Syt on August 26, 2015, 08:18:53 AM

Hundreds of right wingers welcomed Merkel with protests. Vice chancellor Gabriel called the protesters previously "Pack," (a derogatory term for a mob

"Pack" has pretty much the same meaning in English, too, at least in certain contexts.  Don't think we really needed the translation here.