And we're back!

Main Menu

EU Immigration Crisis Megathread

Started by Tamas, June 15, 2015, 11:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanza

Quote from: Grallon on August 25, 2015, 11:18:24 AM
Quote from: Martinus on August 25, 2015, 11:02:49 AM

Ok, out of curiosity - who are those other masters?

One only needs to follow the money trail...
Who is making money from admitting refugees?  :huh:

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Zanza on August 25, 2015, 01:25:14 PM

Who is making money from admitting refugees?  :huh:

(advocate of the devil)

a certain kind of lawyers (who deal with asylum-procedures),
people in certain NGO's and other organisations that deal with asylumseekers (deserving or not) and need subsidies to keep running.
certain government-organisations that do the same and also need subsidies.
people who rent bad housing to way too many people at once (slum landlords),
people putting persons without a workpermit to work

Can't ask these people to destroy their source of income.

All in all there's more than enough people who make a buck on the influx of newcomers (refugees or not)

(/advocate of the devil)

Zanza

So you think that a couple of lawyers, civil servants, NGOs, slum landlords and illegal employers somehow have a strong lobby in our government to actually influence immigration and asylum policy? Now, admittedly I cannot prove you wrong, but such a hodgepodge group is not what you usually hear about when people complain about lobbyism in Germany.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on August 25, 2015, 01:49:45 PM
Euro-Koch brothers maybe?

Nobody who speaks German could be that evil Spicey.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

This is a rather silly conspiracy theory.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Zanza

Quote from: derspiess on August 25, 2015, 01:49:45 PM
Euro-Koch brothers maybe?
While individuals here can give as much as they like to a political party, transparency rules mean that parties have to publish every donation above 50,000 Euro and there aren't that many big donations. Four in 2015, thirteen in 2014.

Not sure why imaginary German Koch brothers might be interested in admitting more refugees though. What's the long-term gain for them?  :huh:

Tamas

:lol: guys, it is a view, nay, accepted truth by a significant portion of the Hungarian right, that it is the USA financing the journey of all the migrants to break the neck of the EU, it's economic and rival

Martinus

Martinus

G.

You do realise that 99% of people who use this rhetoric also consider gays the plague serving the same purpose, right?

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on August 25, 2015, 02:42:08 PM
:lol: guys, it is a view, nay, accepted truth by a significant portion of the Hungarian right, that it is the USA financing the journey of all the migrants to break the neck of the EU, it's economic and rival

Ah well that is not surprising. We cause everything in the entire world.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on August 25, 2015, 02:46:39 PM

Ah well that is not surprising. We cause everything in the entire world.

Tamas failed to mention that the USA is controlled by the Jews, though.

Valmy

Damn. Even when I try to take a little pride about ruling the world with our evil shadow organizations the Jews steal our thunder.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Zanza on August 25, 2015, 01:39:48 PM
So you think that a couple of lawyers, civil servants, NGOs, slum landlords and illegal employers somehow have a strong lobby in our government to actually influence immigration and asylum policy? Now, admittedly I cannot prove you wrong, but such a hodgepodge group is not what you usually hear about when people complain about lobbyism in Germany.

your question was: "who's making money from letting in refugees". These are potential groups that make money on the back of the immigration/refugee-issue.
That these disparate groups would [edit]not[/edit] be lobbying together I doubt it, especially as the last groups are often enough tackled by the first (and rightfully so).
But these first groups have -at least in Belgium, which isn't Germany of course- a significant influence (waxing and waning depending many factors, but there) on policy via administration, public opinion (through the po-co-press) and political parties (usually, but not exclusively, left wing).

And while I'm for helping refugees I'm quite surprised that with the way migration has been mishandled since decades (including the ongoing lack of differentiation between refugees and economic migrants) the blowback isn't already much larger than what it is. But nothing a few more terrorists can't wreck too  :glare:. I maintain the stance that there's worse to come.

Crazy_Ivan80

I've seen that nonsense pop up here too, on occassion. Often by the Putin-brigade.