News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

EU Immigration Crisis Megathread

Started by Tamas, June 15, 2015, 11:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Austrian DiePresse ran a quick calculation to compare how many refugees each country would have to take if distribution was based on population, and how many they actually host and expressed that "fulfillment" in a map:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

How odd. Why so many in Hungary? :blink:

and surprising so few for the south
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tyr on June 23, 2015, 04:11:45 PM

Maybe ethnic Hungarians from former Yugoslavia?  Only possible explanation I can think of.

Zanza

I am sure Orban wouldn't mind ethnic Hungarians arriving.

Ìt's probably because the Hungary/Serbia border is easily accessible and not well guarded. And if you made it to Hungary, you are much closer to your actual target in Western Europe than you are in Bulgaria, Greece or Romania.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Tyr on June 23, 2015, 04:11:45 PM

and surprising so few for the south

If you're going to smuggle yourself, might as well go to a successful country.

Liep

Quote from: Syt on June 23, 2015, 03:54:47 PM
Austrian DiePresse ran a quick calculation to compare how many refugees each country would have to take if distribution was based on population, and how many they actually host and expressed that "fulfillment" in a map:

I don't really understand that map. As I read it Denmark would need to take twice as many as we do, but right now we're 4th on most refugees per capita in the EU.

EDIT: Or is it we're taking 203% of our share? And Portugal needs to take 33 times what they're doing now? Must be it.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Brain

Admiral Yi

Other way around Liep.  Right now you're already at 213% of quota.

Liep

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 23, 2015, 05:36:02 PM
Other way around Liep.  Right now you're already at 213% of quota.

Yep.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Brain

So you'll have to kick out half of them.

Liep

Quote from: The Brain on June 23, 2015, 05:43:12 PM
So you'll have to kick out half of them.

I believe that's exactly what our future government is planning.

Admiral Yi

Maximus