Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Tyr on June 18, 2015, 05:08:47 PM
That would involve finding a few Hungarians willing to work though :contract:

I know some of them, but they live in England now  :P

Tonitrus

Quote from: Martinus on June 19, 2015, 02:22:57 AM
Quote from: Valmy on June 17, 2015, 01:04:30 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on June 17, 2015, 01:03:16 PM
A beet wall. Should be soft and squishy to run through.

In front of it will be a moat filled with goulash.

Anyone brave enough to cross the goulash moat and the beet wall would then be accosted by a herd of tickling goats.

Don't try to entice The Brain to become an immigrant.

Josquius

Really hope there's some progress on the assylum seeker pooling thing. It would be best for all concerned.
Everyone gets a quota of assylum seekers based on some calculation of population, GDP, GDP per capita, etc... and a quota of funding/subsidies based on a similar calculation.
If a nation wants to take less then it has to put up some decent money and find a willing nation to take them on instead, if they want to take more then that can be arranged.
The process is humanised a little for the asylum seekers, assigning them points towards each nation based on language knowledge, whether they have relatives elsewhere already, etc... as best as possible they'll try to place the French speakers in latin language countries and that sort of thing.
If they get placed in Bulgaria but bitch and moan about wanting to be in Sweden and leave the country to try and get there then they're illegals, and they won't have any support as they would in the country they're placed in.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

I saw a movie about assylum once. Or it may have been more than once.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Grallon

Why must they take them at all?  There's already too many foreigners that can't or won't be assimilated in Europe.  The net result of this 'generosity' will most likely bring Europe one step closer to the shit holes these asylum seekers have fled.  Bah! :yucky:

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Norgy

Quote from: Grallon on June 20, 2015, 11:00:47 AM
Why must they take them at all?  There's already too many foreigners that can't or won't be assimilated in Europe.  The net result of this 'generosity' will most likely bring Europe one step closer to the shit holes these asylum seekers have fled.  Bah! :yucky:

G.

While this is something of a concern to many, Syrians aren't Somalis.
I notice the right wing is banging on about us getting 8000 ISIS soldiers. Because, naturally, fleeing from ISIS makes you one of them.
What really is unfair is the burden placed on already hard-pressed countries like Italy, Spain and Greece. I have a feeling Orban's fence won't be the first one we see in Festung Europa.

Ancient Demon

I have to agree with Grallon, send them back. The reason why so many take the risks to come to Europe is because they know if they actually get there, they'll be able to stay in and be provided for indefinitely.
Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

Admiral Yi

You want to send Syrians back to Syria?

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 20, 2015, 09:58:26 PM

Obviously.
Preferably after the war is over.

dps

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 20, 2015, 09:58:26 PM

Well, it wouldn't make much sense to send Serbians to Syria.  And you couldn't refer to it as sending them "back", either.

:)

Josquius

It is kind of back... Just... Really half arsed.
I don't think they would mind being sent to Serbia actually.
The Serbs probably wouldn't be best pleased.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

New poll in Austria: "Which party has the correct views and solutions regarding asylum seekers?"

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

When are you going to help them kick those dirty foreigners out of Mother Austria Syt?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

Hungary has stopped taking back refugees it's responsible for after the so called "Dublin III" rules which basically state that the country where an asylum seeker first arrives is responsible for handling those refugees and process their requests for asylum.

The stoppage is effective immediately "due to technical reasons" and without time limit. Hungarian press secretary has said "the boat is full," and that the government had to protect Hungarian interests.

The EU Commission has asked for immediate explanation.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.