News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

White woman pretends to be black for prestige

Started by merithyn, June 12, 2015, 08:29:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximus

Quote from: Martinus on June 12, 2015, 01:51:52 PM
Anyway, isn't it funny how people don't bat an eye when someone says they are a different gender, but it's a huge no-no with race? :P
It's even less of an issue with race. Race is far more subjective than gender.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on June 12, 2015, 01:51:52 PM
Anyway, isn't it funny how people don't bat an eye when someone says they are a different gender, but it's a huge no-no with race? :P

I am race-fluid. My pronoun is cablanasian.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Martinus

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on June 12, 2015, 01:34:00 PM
No.  I think I'll be the wealthy agricultural baron type of Argie.  Everyone I know who is into farming down there is making a buttload of money.

I thought they were getting fucked on the export taxes.

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 12, 2015, 01:58:40 PM
Quote from: derspiess on June 12, 2015, 01:34:00 PM
No.  I think I'll be the wealthy agricultural baron type of Argie.  Everyone I know who is into farming down there is making a buttload of money.

I thought they were getting fucked on the export taxes.

They are.  But they are still making mo-nay out the yin-yang.  All my evidence is anecdotal, mind.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: Maximus on June 12, 2015, 01:48:35 PM
Quote from: Valmy on June 12, 2015, 01:07:48 PM
Besides race is self-identified in the US isn't it?
Exactly. If she says she's black, she's black. There's no objective definition to prove her wrong.

DNA test! :lol:

Ideologue

We're all from Africa, but even more importantly, we're all fucking our cousins.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

No? I mean census-wise perhaps but not in everyday experiences.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on June 12, 2015, 02:24:12 PM

Fair point. It is more complicated than that.

For some reason I find the idea of them doing a DNA test and having that be your identity hilarious. Scholarships might say 'for those of 30% Polish heritage or higher'.

Things would be so weird.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on June 12, 2015, 02:32:16 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 12, 2015, 02:24:12 PM

Fair point. It is more complicated than that.

For some reason I find the idea of them doing a DNA test and having that be your identity hilarious. Scholarships might say 'for those of 30% Polish heritage or higher'.

Things would be so weird.

That would actually be kinda funny. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

citizen k

Quote from: Razgovory on June 12, 2015, 12:54:09 PM
Quote from: Malthus on June 12, 2015, 12:53:12 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 12, 2015, 12:46:51 PM
Huh.  I'm a bit surprised by the reaction to this, particularly in the light of the recent discussions of transexuality.

Different situation.

It's the lying about stuff that makes this one a story.

If she only claimed to be black would it then be okay?

That's not the lying that's problematic. It's when she constantly stages hate crimes for attention.

derspiess

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.