Syt's Pictorial Collection of Stuff and Things (image heavy)

Started by Syt, June 07, 2015, 02:08:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Ah, Russian weddings.

And a bonus one that might be from a David Lynch movie ...  :hmm:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Jacob

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jacob

Quote from: Valmy on March 29, 2017, 11:15:52 AM
What is up with the accordions?

Accordions are great for impromptu musical performances and sing-alongs.

It's a cultural thing... just like crappy DJs or cheesy cover bands are for North American weddings.

Valmy

I was not questioning the usefulness of accordions I was just not aware they were a Russian thing. And hey it is not our fault everybody has a cousin in a cheesy cover band.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jacob

Quote from: Valmy on March 29, 2017, 11:24:16 AM
I was not questioning the usefulness of accordions I was just not aware they were a Russian thing.

I think they're relativel popular in other Slavic cultures as well.

QuoteAnd hey it is not our fault everybody has a cousin in a cheesy cover band.

:lol:

No blame needs to be distributed :)

CountDeMoney

I was not questioning the usefulness of accordions I was just not aware they were a Russian thing. And hey it is not our fault everybody has a cousin in a cheesy cover band.

Accordions are big in all the Jew-hating cultures over there; in fact, the word "accordion" is loosely based on the Slavic for "sounds a Jew makes when crushed for Christ.," or something to that effect.

Barrister

At Christmas at my brother and sister-inlaws, my niece got an LP player as a gift (everything old is new again).  So her dad, my brother-in-law, dragged out some 30 or more year old records from somewhere of Ukrainian music (he's also Ukrainian by ancestry, but no relative of mine).  That stuff was gloriously awful, did feature accordions quite heavily, yet did have a toe-tapping quality to them. :D

My niece looked a little like she wished she'd kept the record player in the box.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

The chick holding the carpet on the right has weird feet. GROSS
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

CountDeMoney

Syt

Did you have a pink cardigan, though?

Do you *still* have a pink cardigan? :unsure:
—Stephen Jay Gould

CountDeMoney