Syt's Pictorial Collection of Stuff and Things (image heavy)

Started by Syt, June 07, 2015, 02:08:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

The C64 ad was correct as far as I was concerned - it was the only computer I needed for years to come. I got so much value out of that thing.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Syt

Quote from: HVC on March 17, 2017, 12:32:23 PM
that three button mouse scares and confuses me.

On that note: thank fuck we don't need to clean mouse roller balls anymore. :bleeding:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Admiral Yi

The Brain

Quote from: Syt on March 17, 2017, 12:37:41 PM
Quote from: HVC on March 17, 2017, 12:32:23 PM
that three button mouse scares and confuses me.

On that note: thank fuck we don't need to clean mouse roller balls anymore. :bleeding:

CdM does.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tonitrus

What always disturbs me most about those old hardware ads is how much those dollars were worth then compared to now (almost three times as much). :mono:

Syt

Ah, good old-fashioned racism.

They look like they could have been in Bioshock Infinite.
—Stephen Jay Gould

alfred russel

I'm offended by the sentence, "It costs so little and don't injure the clothes."
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

CountDeMoney

Quote from: alfred russel on March 19, 2017, 09:22:29 AM
I'm offended by the sentence, "It costs so little and don't injure the clothes."

lol, Mono getting kicked out of the tub, take that, opium slut.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on March 17, 2017, 11:57:51 AM
Bonus: a commercial for the VIC-20 with the guy who played T.J. Hooker: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK9VU1aJvTI

Somewhere buried deep in my archives I have a trifold brochure for the Vic-20 with William Shatner I picked up from Sears as a kid. 

Don't ask me why that thing has traveled with me this long, I found a pad of hall passes for my junior high school the other day.  The fuck.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney