Syt's Pictorial Collection of Stuff and Things (image heavy)

Started by Syt, June 07, 2015, 02:08:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

The manly men of Finland. They look like a crossbreed of American rednecks and Russian alcoholics. :hmm:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

While I am honored to see us being included in such august company why do they have an American flag there?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

Quote from: Valmy on December 10, 2015, 10:08:26 AM
While I am honored to see us being included in such august company why do they have an American flag there?

*somethingsomething*cars*somethingsomthing*motorcycles*somethingsomething* ?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Malthus

Perhaps they actually *are* a crossbreed of American rednecks and Russian alcoholics.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Syt

The second picture could be out of a Jim Jarmusch movie.

—Stephen Jay Gould

Admiral Yi

Brain I think it was that mentioned the Swedish ruggerbugger subculture which celebrated American redneckedness.  I assume this is related.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Brazen

Quote from: Syt on December 10, 2015, 03:50:50 AM
The manly men of Finland. They look like a crossbreed of American rednecks and Russian alcoholics. :hmm:
Is this why Languishites always get mistaken for Finns at overseas meets :P

The Larch

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Those all seem a bit before our time. Well except Grumbler.

I recognize Bing and Bob but who are those other two guys? :hmm:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Savonarola

Quote from: Valmy on December 11, 2015, 09:05:32 AM
Those all seem a bit before our time. Well except Grumbler.

I recognize Bing and Bob but who are those other two guys? :hmm:

Perry Como is a singer;  he's sort of like Andy Williams.  I don't know anything about Arthur Godfrey.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Eddie Teach

My mom and my grandmother saw Andy Williams in Branson a few years ago.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?