FIFA officials arrested in Switzerland on corruption charges

Started by Barrister, May 27, 2015, 10:03:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norgy

Duque de Bragança

Valmy

Now do you love America ROTW? Take that American flag you were about to burn and instead give it a big hug.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Liep

Blatter gone, term limits, independent ethical checks of members. This all sounds too good to be true.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

frunk

I'm assuming that he won the election so that he could get another (hopefully not implicated) crony in to run against Prince Ali.

Syt

Guardian:

QuoteDomenico Scala (head of audit and compliance committee): "I am dedicated to putting into place the conditions for the election of a new president. There will be reforms to how the elections are conducted. Under the rules governing Fifa, the election must be voted on by members at the Fifa congress. The president will ask the executive committee to form an extraordinary congress to elect a new president. While the timing will ultimately be up to the executive committee the timing of election likely to be between December and March."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DGuller

I bet John Oliver is wishing now that he waited a week before promising to patronize all the FIFA sponsors if Blatter is gone.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Syt on June 02, 2015, 11:53:52 AM
Quote from: derspiess on June 02, 2015, 11:33:16 AM
Quote from: Malthus on June 02, 2015, 10:17:01 AM
Quote from: derspiess on June 02, 2015, 09:03:07 AM
I wish there were more Soviet era movies with English subtitles.  I hear they made some halfway decent war flicks.

Have you seen Come and See?

Nope, but I think I've heard of it.  Will seek it out, thanks.

At this point I will presume no one clicked the IMDB link to the exact same movie I posted, before anyone else. <_<

:P

Not DerSpieß and Malthus that's for sure.  :D

Liep

Quote from: DGuller on June 02, 2015, 11:58:42 AM
I bet John Oliver is wishing now that he waited a week before promising to patronize all the FIFA sponsors if Blatter is gone.

:D
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

crazy canuck

:D

Valmy

Prince Ali
fabulous he
Ali Ababwa
genuflect
show some respect
down on one knee

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

The Larch

Syt

So at this point Blatter still has a few months to destroy as much evidence do as many reforms as possible.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

I think I will tune in on Sunday to see if he actually eats everything on the McDonald's value menu.