Militarization of South China Sea & East China Sea. Six Wars Necessary

Started by jimmy olsen, May 13, 2015, 01:02:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

CountDeMoney

Razgovory

If war must come I would prefer to come when we've perfected lasers that can shoot ICBM out of the sky.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

Quote from: Razgovory on June 17, 2016, 12:52:51 PM
If war must come I would prefer to come when we've perfected lasers that can shoot ICBM out of the sky.

Lasers shoot light.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

mongers

Quote from: Jacob on June 17, 2016, 12:16:13 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 17, 2016, 12:58:52 AM
If war must come, let it come sooner rather than later.

:rolleyes:

Oh dear, and there I was going to suggest to Tim that in early 2017 he retitles this thread "Hilary's War".   :hmm:

edit:
I forgot to say, because of that post, someone should give Tim the customary kick in the nuts next time they meet him.   :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

dps

Quote from: mongers on June 17, 2016, 02:47:12 PM
Quote from: Jacob on June 17, 2016, 12:16:13 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 17, 2016, 12:58:52 AM
If war must come, let it come sooner rather than later.

:rolleyes:

Oh dear, and their I was going to suggest to Tim that in early 2017 he retitles this thread "Hilary's War".   

Let's just hope we aren't calling it "Trump's War".

jimmy olsen

Indonesian Navy Fired on illegal Chinese fishing boats

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/china-says-indonesian-navy-shot-at-chinese-fishermen/2016/06/19/29d0365a-3698-11e6-af02-1df55f0c77ff_story.html

Indonesia vows more decisive action after Chinese ship spat

By Associated Press

June 20 at 2:29 AM

JAKARTA, Indonesia — Indonesia said it will continue to take "decisive" action against foreign ships operating illegally in waters under its jurisdiction after Beijing criticized its navy for shooting at Chinese fishing vessels.

Indonesian navy spokesman First Admiral Edi Sucipto on Monday confirmed an Indonesian warship fired warning shots at Chinese fishing vessels in waters off Indonesia's Natuna islands and detained one of the vessels and its seven crew members.

He said the incident occurred on Friday. "We will not hesitate to take decisive action against foreign ships, whatever their flag and nationality, when they commit violations in Indonesian territory," Sucipto said.

China's Foreign Ministry released a statement of protest on Sunday and said the Indonesian navy had "abused its military force."

China's expansive claims to the South China Sea do not include the Natuna islands in waters between Malaysia and Borneo. But China's nine dash line, which it uses to roughly demarcate its ambitions for maritime boundaries, overlaps with Indonesia's internationally-recognized exclusive economic zone.

The incident Friday was the third such clash since March, when Indonesia intercepted a Chinese fishing vessel off the Natuna islands. In May, an Indonesian frigate fired shots at a Chinese trawler when it refused to stop fishing, and then seized the vessel and its eight crew members.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Monoriu

Chinese fishing boats being fired upon by various navies is nothing new.  Happens all the time with the South Korean navy.  I seem to recall that the Argentinians actually sank a Chinese fishing boat. 

Josquius

Read yet another aricle on this today which led back to an old one about reef destruction. The environmental implications are just horrible :(
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Yeah, seen this movie before.

"Chinese fishermen" = "People's Volunteer Army" = "Pro-Russian volunteer separatists"

Valmy

Quote from: Monoriu on June 20, 2016, 02:22:01 AM
Chinese fishing boats being fired upon by various navies is nothing new.  Happens all the time with the South Korean navy.  I seem to recall that the Argentinians actually sank a Chinese fishing boat. 

Well maybe Chinese Fishing Boats should start obeying international laws.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jacob

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 20, 2016, 02:19:12 PM
Yeah, seen this movie before.

"Chinese fishermen" = "People's Volunteer Army" = "Pro-Russian volunteer separatists"

Soon there'll be Chinese fishing boats in the Ukraine!

... though, while I get your point, don't discount the willingness of Chinese fishers to catch fish anywhere they can.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Jacob on June 20, 2016, 03:30:50 PM
... though, while I get your point, don't discount the willingness of Chinese fishers to catch fish anywhere they can.

Oh, most definitely--which makes it an even more plausible cover for sovereignty shenanigans and hybrid warfare tactics.

Jacob

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 20, 2016, 06:31:37 PM
Oh, most definitely--which makes it an even more plausible cover for sovereignty shenanigans and hybrid warfare tactics.

Indeed.