News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Warships

Started by Berkut, May 08, 2015, 01:15:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

I am a little disspointed in the event. It is cool, but I like those missions that have kind of interesting tasks. These are all basically "earn xp". Kind of boring.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

HVC and Funk! Thanks for the containers, and Merry Christmas!

One of them had an Anshan inside! :yeah:

0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

The queue for noobies sucks ass.  This is almost as bad as World or Warplanes, nobody plays.  Pffft, rather go back to Tanks, make fun of dumbass Brazilians and cossacks and get banned for TKing minimap spammers.

Berkut

What is your ingame name, newb?

0 rows returned

HVC

Quote from: Berkut on December 25, 2016, 11:09:15 AM

Merry Christmas :)

Funk, check your emails, I sent one to you too, but didn't see an email of your receipt.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Martim Silva

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 25, 2016, 11:12:20 AM
The queue for noobies sucks ass.  This is almost as bad as World or Warplanes, nobody plays.  Pffft, rather go back to Tanks, make fun of dumbass Brazilians and cossacks and get banned for TKing minimap spammers.

:blink:

Never had an issue with a queue lasting more than a minute for any ship of any tier (except when they released German BBs - there were over 700 of them queuing low tiers that day). At any time of day or night.

Maybe NA server is just less populated than EU one? I remember that during the inter-server competitions, NA teams lost horribly (1-9) to EU ones. Still doubt it, I can find matches all the time. And low levels are even more populated - not just by newbies but also by veterans who want to sealclub in their St. Louises and Imperator Nikolais.

As for the Graf Spee: the Deutschland class was designed as a merchant raider with BB guns to scare away light cruisers and flee from anything else. It was *never* meant to be active in the sorts of engagements WoWs has. Which means it will suck, badly - at its tier, it can wreck cruisers and is beaten by everything else. At higher tiers.... it is kinda defeated by all bar same tier cruisers  :shutup:

Berkut

No ship in WoWS was "meant to be active in the sorts of engagements" WOWs has.

It might suck, it might not, but it won't be one or the other based on analysis derived from its historical capabilities.

0 rows returned

FunkMonk

Quote from: HVC on December 25, 2016, 01:26:25 PM
Quote from: Berkut on December 25, 2016, 11:09:15 AM

Merry Christmas :)

Funk, check your emails, I sent one to you too, but didn't see an email of your receipt.

Thanks and you're welcome, guys. :)

Merry Shipmas!
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 25, 2016, 11:12:20 AM

LOLz u sux noob git gud
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

MadBurgerMaker

USS Texas is on sale, doubloon wise (2300 or so).  I got several of those santa box things from some friends of mine and ended up with enough to get it.  They also gave me the Emden, which seems pointless, the Japanese premium battlecruiser that pretends to be a BB and is actually kinda fun, and 90 days of premium.  Those boxes seem awesome.

E:  Well, I should note that they're all on sale, but the only one I didn't have and could afford with doubloons was the Texas and probably the low tier DDs.   I'm not a big fan of the DDs though. 

MadBurgerMaker

Annnnnd Im drunk and bought Dunkerque.  Its fun as hell being able to out run a BBs turrets in a ship that big. 

E:  the secondary turrets are weird:  they're almost all in the back, so when you bomb by them at 30 kts and get out of the main turret arc (all 8 guns in the front but they do seem to have a pretty good arc), the secondary guns pick them up and shoot at them from the back.

grumbler

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on December 31, 2016, 02:04:06 AM
Annnnnd Im drunk and bought Dunkerque.  Its fun as hell being able to out run a BBs turrets in a ship that big. 

E:  the secondary turrets are weird:  they're almost all in the back, so when you bomb by them at 30 kts and get out of the main turret arc (all 8 guns in the front but they do seem to have a pretty good arc), the secondary guns pick them up and shoot at them from the back.

If you are fighting contemporary battleships with the Dunkerque, you are doing it wrong.  D&S were cruiser-killers (especially Graf Spee class killers), not battleships (though the guns turned out to be amazing in terms of armor penetration; they are better against horizontal armor than even the US 16"/50 with the super-heavy shell).  Their armor couldn't stand up to battleship shells, though.

The main guns are all in front because they will be chasing anything they can engage, and will just run away from anything bigger than themselves.  Jackie Fischer would have loved them.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

MadBurgerMaker

As mentioned, this game doesn't always reflect real life.

Dunkerque is a BB in the game, so matchmaking will put you with other BBs, and sometimes the match is really really light on CA/CLs and DDs.  Engaging BBs with it involves essentially charging at the head on-ish ("angling":  this apparently makes you have super armor where 12" shells can bounce off of you lolz) and basically doing a drive by (this is when the turrets can't track), then moving on to the next target while the rear guns set them on fire, etc.  They can burn a Tirpitz pretty well, but you can't really get too close to those because they have torpedoes. Scharnhorst too, although the AP can penetrate those from further off. 

When you can find them, it eats cruisers pretty well too, of course. 

Anyway, those who have this game, are the santa boxes broken...in a good way?  On a whim this afternoon, I bought 6 of the $3 ones for myself and ended up with Indianapolis, Tirpitz (!!!), doubloons, more premium, and then some camo/flags in the last two.  :blink:   So yeah, I have a Tirpitz now. 

CountDeMoney

Ed launches a yellow dye marker and searches for strawberry ice cream.  And fondles his balls.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 01, 2017, 11:45:29 PM
Ed launches a yellow dye marker and searches for strawberry ice cream.  And fondles his balls.

:)

I had 4 servings.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive