News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Which Movie Line Do You Use Most Often?

Started by Admiral Yi, May 03, 2015, 07:54:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

For me it's "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

I also like "We don't need no stinkin' badges," but the opportunity doesn't present itself as often.

Richard Hakluyt

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

"Did you eat a lot of paint chips when you were a kid?"
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on May 03, 2015, 08:33:56 PM
"Did you eat a lot of paint chips when you were a kid?"

Don't recognize.  Where from?

Monoriu

May the force be with me (used mostly when I buy stocks).

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Honestly?  It's a nothing little line that my dad always used, so it always gets a chuckle within the family (and most importantly there are plenty of opportunities to use it):

QuoteGrab a brew - don't cost nothin'.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

Can't drive. But I can wait. Until stars burn out if you don't make up your mind.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Kleves

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Syt

Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

sbr

Almost all of the random things I say during are from random "older" movies.  I'll try to pay attention tomorrow.

MadImmortalMan

"I'll be in my bunk."   Great way to leave a room.

"Why should I change? He's the one who sucks."

"It's not an insignificant detail, Michael!"  Like when we're leaving for Europe in four days and my wife checks to see that her passport expired a year ago.

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers