News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Which Movie Line Do You Use Most Often?

Started by Admiral Yi, May 03, 2015, 07:54:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Do I detect something in your voice that says I am in disfavor with you? 
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Martinus

alfred russel

The not uncommon situation where I'm doing what I want and others are left following me saying this is the wrong thing to do:

"Who's the more foolish...the fool or the fool who follows him"
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Martinus

Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul

celedhring

Syt

"I'm not much more than a simple [insert job title] and not very knowledgeable about such things."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

My old supervisor in Germany and I had whole workplace conversations in Airplane quotes. :yes:

Especially this part:
QuoteCaptain Oveur: I can't tell.
Rumack: You can tell me. I'm a doctor.
Captain Oveur: No. I mean I'm just not sure.
Rumack: Well, can't you take a guess?
Captain Oveur: Well, not for another two hours.
Rumack: You can't take a guess for another two hours?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DontSayBanana

"I believe you have my stapler," usually followed quickly by "That's it, I'm going to have to burn the place down now."

Occasionally, "Snooch to the nooch."
Experience bij!

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Drakken

lustindarkness

"Would you like to buy a monkey?" To remind The Wife she sucks at choosing movies for us to watch, from the worst movie ever Cabin Boy.

Do or do not. There is no try.

I'll be back and hasta la vista are pretty common for me too.  :hmm: Theres a few more, not sure wich I actually use the most.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom