News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Jade Helm, the far right's conspiracy du jour.

Started by citizen k, April 30, 2015, 01:56:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on April 30, 2015, 07:55:50 AM
:lol:  The Texas State Guard are basically disaster relief volunteers who don't have to get their regular clothes dirty. Abbott is "doing something" by "deploying" them, probably to get people to stop calling his office.  Their monitoring will probably consist of hanging out at the nearest Starbucks.

Yep. It is pandering. A stupid waste of state resources.

But um hasn't the guard been deployed over seas? Not sure I would characterize them that way anymore.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadBurgerMaker

The Texas State Guard, not the National Guard.  They don't go overseas.

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on April 30, 2015, 08:13:27 AM
The Texas State Guard, not the National Guard.

Ooops. Yeah you are right. I keep forgetting the militia to the militia. Which is kind of funny since I used to run on the track right by their headquarters.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on April 30, 2015, 08:18:53 AM
Which is kind of funny since I used to run on the track right by their headquarters.

Well hell, I've never even seen a person who is in that, let alone a whole building of theirs. 

I wonder what kind of boats the "maritime regiment" has. 

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on April 30, 2015, 08:58:07 AM
Well hell, I've never even seen a person who is in that, let alone a whole building of theirs. 

This was all pre-9/11. It used to be fairly crowded. Then they shut it down entirely. It is open again but you have to pass through security checkpoints and that is just a bit much to run on a track.

Siege

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on April 30, 2015, 06:45:00 AM
Texans hate the troops.

A good chunk of the US Army infantry is from Texas, though not as many as it used to be 10 years ago.

Not that there is going to be any fight here.
This is clearly just a message for the pResident.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on April 30, 2015, 09:04:10 AM
This was all pre-9/11. It used to be fairly crowded. Then they shut it down entirely. It is open again but you have to pass through security checkpoints and that is just a bit much to run on a track.

Just think about how fun it would be to jog in place while some DPS type tries to wand you!

I mean right up until they taze and beat you, but you get the idea.

grumbler

Quote from: Siege on April 30, 2015, 09:27:47 AM

What message is the pResident supposed to get out of this?  Don't bother engaging in military activities in Texas?  Fire the JCS for scheduling this exercise in Texas?  The governor of Texas is a moron or a loon?

As for the idea that there isn't going to be a fight here, I hope not, but we are dealing with Texans, so who knows?  Santa Anna tried to conduct a military exercise in Texas when it was part of mexico, and Texans started shooting at his guys.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Malthus

Everything I know about Texas, I learned from reading Joe R. Lansdale ... but that didn't prepare me for this:(
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Oh grumbler how I wish these sorts of people were confined to Texas.

Valmy

A good chunk of the US Army infantry is from Texas, though not as many as it used to be 10 years ago.

The "message" is material to be used to humiliate his opposition.

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on April 30, 2015, 09:40:42 AM
Oh grumbler how I wish these sorts of people were confined to Texas.

There may be a tongue-in-cheek element to my posts.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

MadBurgerMaker

Love this photo full of mouthbreathers:

DONT TRAIN ON ME! (or tread btw kthx)

Siege

Quote from: grumbler on April 30, 2015, 09:35:36 AM

What message is the pResident supposed to get out of this?  Don't bother engaging in military activities in Texas?  Fire the JCS for scheduling this exercise in Texas?  The governor of Texas is a moron or a loon?

As for the idea that there isn't going to be a fight here, I hope not, but we are dealing with Texans, so who knows?  Santa Anna tried to conduct a military exercise in Texas when it was part of mexico, and Texans started shooting at his guys.

And I'm pretty sure you remember, since you were there, that Santa Annus exercise was exactly to provoke a fight.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

frunk

Couldn't he send a nicely formatted letter, or call him on the phone?  Is wasting government resources on this the best way to send a message?