News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

So I gave in and bought a PS4

Started by Martinus, April 14, 2015, 05:40:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

So I can play with D who also has it.

He is going to lend me some of his games (Diablo 3, GTA5, Dragon Age: Inquisition, and Assassin's Creed) and I also have Order 1886 which seems cool at least conceptually (it came with the console).

Any other good games I should get?

Caliga

I haven't finished it yet, but I really like The Last of Us.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

Order 1886 seems to be a visually impressive but crap game, about 6 hours. If you liked Dark Souls you might want Bloodborne which is by the same team and basically doing the same thing, but loading times are very long (though they're working on a patch).

Other than that - nothing really that you wouldn't get on PC, unless you want sports games.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Oh, and you may want to get a Playstation Plus account - they give you monthly frees game that remain in your account if you download them.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

katmai

Like Cal i haven't finished Last of Us, but have enjoyed it
Shadows of Mordor was fun.
other than those mostly i have sports games which i don't think you have interest in.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Syt

If we're talking games that are also on PC, then Shadows of Mordor was indeed very good. And Alien Isolation might be worth looking at, too. For retro Metroid style games, Axiom Verge looks very splendid if frustrating (don't think it's on PC yet).
—Stephen Jay Gould

Martinus

Quote from: Syt on April 14, 2015, 06:34:56 AM
Order 1886 seems to be a visually impressive but crap game, about 6 hours. If you liked Dark Souls you might want Bloodborne which is by the same team and basically doing the same thing, but loading times are very long (though they're working on a patch).

Other than that - nothing really that you wouldn't get on PC, unless you want sports games.

Well, I have a Mac so can't play most PC games. :P

katmai

I've been pleasantly surprised how many of my steam bought games have Mac version for download.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

I finally broke down and got one too. It came with 3 games. :weep:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Which games? :)

I regret buying my PS4. Got it last Christmas, and barely got any mileage out of it, because almost all the games I'm interested in also come out on PC and look better on my three year old rig.
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed: Syndicate, and Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (which is nice as I think I only played 3 and had wanted to see the earlier bits of the series).

I guess after owning the original Xbox then PS2, PS3 and now PS4 - I'm firmly in the Sony camp. :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

The 360 was my first console after the SNES. :lol: I liked it (games at first looked better than on PC, and then there was the Guitar Hero/Rock Band craze I joined in), but envied the PS3 for its exclusives.

After the crap presentation of the X1 and my experience that almost all Xbox games would end up on PC, anyways, I decided on a PS4, but it seems this generation will not be near as good as the previous one.

It used to be that a new console generation would come out and it would have notably better technical specs than the previous one, but the recent "jump" seems so small, especially compared to PC games, and I couldn't care less about all the cool social networking features they've added.
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

I used to be a Nintendo boy, until I jumped ship with the PS2, and then the PS3. I have no plans of buying a console though. Most games I want always end up in PC, and looking better for it.

Tonitrus

I might join this cult soon as well.  But I am also looking at a new, 55" Samsung curved 4K tv.  :ph34r:

Josquius

So far I've not seen a game worth getting a ps4 for.
New consoles just don't have the excitement they used to. With each generation it gets worse. I only got a ps3 a year before the 4 was released.
██████
██████
██████