News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football 2015

Started by grumbler, April 12, 2015, 10:10:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Michigan houses the opening kickoff against Northwestern.  That might be all the scoring in the game, what with the two top scoring defenses in the country playing.

Yep.  NW goes three and out (zero yards gained) in their first drive.

Who'd have thought pre-season that this would be a marquee game?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

MadImmortalMan

Except only one of those marquee defenses has showed up today so far.  :lol:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Valmy

Not quite Gameday -_-

Longhorns! We are pleased with you. On the day of the Red River Shootout, you lived up to all of our expectations of your bravery and boldness; you have decked Bevo with a glory that shall never die. In less than four hours, a top 10 Sooner team, commanded by the Brothers of Stoops, has either been cut to pieces or dispersed. All UT fans will welcome you back with delight, and all you will have to say is "I was at the 2015 Red River Shootout", for them to reply, "There goes a brave man".
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Valmy

Quote from: FunkMonk on October 10, 2015, 03:24:24 PM
I loled

Napoleon sent his secret reserve up the middle. Strong sent D'onta Foreman up the middle. It is basically the same.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Wow Michigan is back.

Look out Michigan State and Ohio State.

Will little brother be put back in his place next week? I look forward to seeing it. Sorry Charliebear.

grumbler

Some coaches are worth $5 million a year.  Harbaugh has already been responsible for more than $5 million in increased season ticket sales.

And Sparty has been shitting themselves for a week now since Michigan shifted to the favorite's position.  DSRESPKT
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

I just cannot get over 14 points in five games. I did not think such a thing was possible in modern football. That is 1940s stuff.

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on October 10, 2015, 05:58:58 PM
I just cannot get over 14 points in five games. I did not think such a thing was possible in modern football. That is 1940s stuff.

Part of it is talent, but a big part of it is that this is the best coaching staff in college football.  Maybe in all of football.  Harbaugh knows how to hire coaches, and coaches love to coach with him.  He has former NFL defensive coordinators serving as position coaches.

Bayraktar!

PDH

If you value your eyes you will not watch Wyoming play tonight.  The Pokes are three TD dogs at Air Force tonight...I sniff 0-6 in the air.

Geez, it is tough this season...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

katmai

Quote from: grumbler on October 10, 2015, 11:04:36 AM
Quote from: katmai on October 10, 2015, 02:17:44 AM
Hmmmm Do i get tickets to Arizona vs UW or Utah vs UW?

If Utah beats Cal, the Utah tickets are gonna be the ones you want.
Probably  game I'll get tickets, as very well may be in Vancouver the day of the 'Zona game.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

grumbler

So, Gameday will be in Ann Arbor for the MSU game next week.  But, if things go as expected, won't they really want to be there for the OSU game Nov 28?  Does Gameday ever repeat at a location in a season?  Or, are they just taking the bird in hand?

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Oh, and Valmy, you will be pleased to see that CFN now ranks Texas #20 in their "resume-only" rankings.

Bayraktar!

dps

Quote from: Valmy on October 10, 2015, 05:58:58 PM

Michigan, Duke, and Boston College are all averaging less than 10 points allow per game, which is pretty amazing--as you say, 1940s stuff.  BC only has a 3-3 record to show for it, but when you lose 9-7 and 3-0, well, obviously it doesn't take many points to beat you, and playing 2 FCS opponents will help keep your PA low, too.

alfred russel

Michigan State looks to be the most overrated team in the country right now. They have had a number of close games, and their early ranking was based on beating Oregon at home in a rather exciting game. But in hindsight that Oregon win doesn't look so impressive, but even so that is probably the most quality win they have had.

PS: fire fat albert.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014