Italian Holocaust survivors to skip Liberation Day parade after Jewish group ban

Started by jimmy olsen, April 06, 2015, 06:41:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Seedy's deep understanding of Jewish-Euro relations is deeply missed at times like this.

http://www.haaretz.com/jewish-world/jewish-world-news/1.650798?utm_source=Facebook&utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social

QuoteItalian Holocaust survivors to skip Liberation Day parade after Jewish group banned
Group of 5,000 Jewish volunteers in British army who served during World War II won't be allowed to march in annual Italian parade in protest of Israeli occupation.

By JTA    |   Apr. 6, 2015 | 11:34 PM

An Italian organization made up of concentration camp survivors said it will not attend the country's annual Liberation Day parade because a Jewish group was banned.

ANED, the national association of former Italian political deportees from Nazi concentration camps, said Monday it will not attend the April 25 march because of the ban on the Jewish Brigade, a past parade participant. The Jewish Brigade was a group of 5,000 Jewish volunteers in the British army who served in Europe during World War II.

Liberation Day marks the anniversary of the end of World War II and the Nazi occupation of Italy.

In 2014, a group of pro-Palestinian supporters verbally attacked Jewish Brigade marchers and tried to assault them physically. This year, the Palestinian groups, Fronte Palestina, Rete Romana Palestina, and Rappresentanza Palestina, are among the organizers of the parade.

The Palestinian groups are presenting Palestine as an occupied country to free, like Europe in the 1940s, and the Jewish Brigade as the occupying power Israel.

In saying it would not join the parade, ANED denounced the hostility among the organizers of the parade, which is being coordinated by the Italian Partisans National Association, toward the Jewish Brigade.

"Representing former Nazi camp deportees, both political and racial, we cannot accept that the spirit of this celebration is distorted and that people who took part in the partisan struggle and Liberation of Italy are banned exclusively due to intolerance," ANED wrote in a statement.

In an open letter, the Jewish Community of Rome called on parade organizers to restore the real meaning of the Liberation Day celebration.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

grumbler

[Grallon] Brown people being brown people, film at 11.

And by brown people I don't mean brown skin color, I mean niggers.  It's not about race, its about niggers. [/Grallon]
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Grallon

Quote from: grumbler on April 06, 2015, 06:58:47 PM

A braying donkey has been spotted again.  All upstanding citizens are invited to notify the termination squad.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

DGuller

Quote from: Grallon on April 06, 2015, 07:03:13 PM

A braying donkey has been spotted again.  All upstanding citizens are invited to notify the termination squad.

G.
We have terminations squads?  Why wasn't I notified?  :mad:  I had so many good suggestions for them.  :(

Ed Anger

Quote from: DGuller on April 06, 2015, 07:30:32 PM

G.
We have terminations squads?  Why wasn't I notified?  :mad:  I had so many good suggestions for them.  :(

Contact your FSB handlers.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

[Grallon] Brown people being brown people, film at 11.

And by brown people I don't mean brown skin color, I mean niggers.  It's not about race, its about niggers. [/Grallon]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_svnsF5OLbI
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 06, 2015, 07:32:09 PM
Quote from: DGuller on April 06, 2015, 07:30:32 PM

G.

Contact your FSB handlers.
There's a 10 year wait.  :(