Started by Caliga, April 07, 2015, 09:08:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

kew kew kew  :(

QuoteActor James Best of 'Dukes of Hazzard' dies

Posted: Apr 07, 2015 8:52 AM EDT
Updated: Apr 07, 2015 9:07 AM EDT
By Dal Kalsi

The actor who played Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane on The Dukes of Hazzard TV series has died.

James Best died Monday night in Hickory, NC after a brief illness and complications of pneumonia, according to his website.

Best, a World War II veteran, served in the Army and joined the military theatrical company.

After the war, Best traveled to New York City to pursue a career on Broadway. Best soon caught Hollywood's eye and he became a contract actor for Universal Studios.

His movie and TV continued to flourish and in the late 1970s Best got the opportunity to film a mid-season replacement series for CBS called The Dukes of Hazzard.

"If there were ever any question that the cool, dashing and sometimes rough-edged actor of dozens of gritty westerns and war films could be believable in a comedy, the answer came in 1979 in the person of Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane, which would become the signature role of Jimmie's long Hollywood career," stated an obituary posted on Best's website.

Best was 88 years old.

Read more: http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/28737971/actor-james-best-of-dukes-of-hazzard-dies#ixzz3WdGo2y60
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

He's gone to join Flash in heaven :(
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

My dog Roscoe is going to be sad when he hears the news. :cry:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.