Main Menu

Baseball 2015

Started by derspiess, April 06, 2015, 10:16:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: derspiess on May 14, 2015, 11:35:10 AM
He did have an ERA above 5.00, though.

Not anymore.   :D

Seriously, where one game can swing your ERA by almost a full run, it shows the sample size is too small to draw conclusions from, especially where there is an established track record. 
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

sbr

one could argue that last year was the outlier for kluber. Especially since I kept him in my keeper league this year.  :(

derspiess

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on May 14, 2015, 11:43:32 AM
Quote from: derspiess on May 14, 2015, 11:35:10 AM
He did have an ERA above 5.00, though.

Not anymore.   :D

Seriously, where one game can swing your ERA by almost a full run, it shows the sample size is too small to draw conclusions from, especially where there is an established track record. 

What remains is that he had a shitty start to his season only to pitch possibly the best game of his career against one of the best hitting teams so far this year.  DON'T DENY ME MY IRONY
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Sophie Scholl

The Klubot actually pitched really well during his first three outings, he just got no run support.  The ensuing games before yesterday were ugly though.  Losing Yan Gomes behind the plate has definitely hurt the entire pitching staff.  The Indians are a dumpster fire right now though.  It's not pretty.  Thankfully it is still early.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

derspiess

I should have gone up for a couple of those games. Turned out to be a slow week at work.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Kluber continues to be en fuego-- 29 strikeouts in 2 games.  ERA is now a very respectable 3.79 :D

derspiess

So on a whim a picked up a pack of baseball cards at Target-- in that pack were separate cards of Kluber and Kershaw.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: derspiess on May 19, 2015, 08:38:58 AM
Kluber continues to be en fuego-- 29 strikeouts in 2 games.  ERA is now a very respectable 3.79 :D
Now the ERA is down to 3.52.  He also racked up 50 k's in 4 games, a feat only accomplished by Bob Feller in Tribe history previously.  In the words of Keanu's John Wick, "People keep asking if I'm back.  Yeah, I'm thinking I'm back." :)
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

The Minsky Moment

You all forget I see Sabathia pitch every 5.  So I know what it looks like when a guy who pitched for Cleveland loses his stuff.  Kluber's not that guy.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

derspiess

Cardinals team ERA is down to 2.64.  I suppose I can accept that.

Matt Holliday's on-base streak ended at 45 games, which was punctuated by him being thrown out of the game arguing a strike.

MadBurgerMaker

Gallo had a pretty good MLB debut.

derspiess

Syt

Cleveland's Brandon Moss hit his 100th homer. Into his team's bullpen. They wrote this ransom note:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

derspiess

:lol:  I figured Rzepczynski was a weirdo.

Syt

Quote from: derspiess on June 03, 2015, 11:58:26 AM
:lol:  I figured Rzepczynski was a weirdo.

According to Wiki his nickname is "Scrabble." :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.