And we're back!

Main Menu

I converted to Islam

Started by Siege, March 30, 2015, 03:09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Eddie Teach

I'm happy for you, Siege. I will eat some bacon in celebration. :cheers:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: LaCroix on March 30, 2015, 06:27:23 PM
QuoteIslam made sense and even spoke to my nature. But I rebelled and the more I refused Islam and chose my culture over it the more miserable I became. I would find myself weeping for no other reason than the increasing emptiness I felt as I continued to reject Islam and replace it with my vapid culture. My health began to fail. I lost my scholarship. My personal safety was compromised. I lost my home and began staying with friends.

I defied until I couldn’t go on. I finally admitted, like the most homophobic person who finally comes out of the closet, that I was a Muslim.

Man she makes Islam sound like crack.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadImmortalMan

There's clearly more to the story than what's in here. I feel bad for her.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on March 30, 2015, 08:02:36 PM
QuoteIslam made sense and even spoke to my nature. But I rebelled and the more I refused Islam and chose my culture over it the more miserable I became. I would find myself weeping for no other reason than the increasing emptiness I felt as I continued to reject Islam and replace it with my vapid culture. My health began to fail. I lost my scholarship. My personal safety was compromised. I lost my home and began staying with friends.

I defied until I couldn’t go on. I finally admitted, like the most homophobic person who finally comes out of the closet, that I was a Muslim.

:huh:

If it was crack, most of those things would have happened while "using" (aka practicing Islam) in this tortured analogy.

Seems like those events are probably unrelated except that them happening drove her to adopting Islam.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Quote from: Siege on March 30, 2015, 04:00:10 PM
Quote from: garbon on March 30, 2015, 03:54:19 PM
Quote from: viper37 on March 30, 2015, 03:53:12 PM
Quote from: Siege on March 30, 2015, 03:43:56 PM
Martinus wins this thread hands down.

you and Marty, BFF?

Fuck buddies!

I like skinny long haired blondish bitches.
Martinus does not fit the bill.

Are you calling me fat???

garbon

Quote from: Siege on March 30, 2015, 04:00:10 PM
Quote from: garbon on March 30, 2015, 03:54:19 PM
Quote from: viper37 on March 30, 2015, 03:53:12 PM
Quote from: Siege on March 30, 2015, 03:43:56 PM
Martinus wins this thread hands down.

you and Marty, BFF?

Fuck buddies!

I like skinny long haired blondish bitches.
Martinus does not fit the bill.

Like RuPaul?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on March 30, 2015, 08:02:36 PM
QuoteIslam made sense and even spoke to my nature. But I rebelled and the more I refused Islam and chose my culture over it the more miserable I became.

I defied until I couldn't go on. I finally admitted, like the most homophobic person who finally comes out of the closet, that I was a Muslim.

The first thing that flashed through my mind when I read that title, was that was what Seige was going to write.  :D
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on March 30, 2015, 11:58:50 PM

If it was crack, most of those things would have happened while "using" (aka practicing Islam) in this tortured analogy.

I was thinking more of withdrawal symptoms. Can a one liner really be 'tortured'? Ah well.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on March 31, 2015, 12:35:22 AM

Like RuPaul?

I don't know if Siege could tolerate the transphobia.

The Brain

Quote from: DGuller on March 30, 2015, 05:03:02 PM
Adolescence is a dangerous age.  You're going to get heavily into something, anything that you happen to run across at the most vulnerable time.  Most people get lucky and fall into something that doesn't suck them in deeper, so they can eventually grow out of it.  Some people aren't that lucky, and become fundamentalist for life.

Shut up about the blueberries already.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

DGuller

Quote from: The Brain on March 31, 2015, 10:10:42 AM
Adolescence is a dangerous age.  You're going to get heavily into something, anything that you happen to run across at the most vulnerable time.  Most people get lucky and fall into something that doesn't suck them in deeper, so they can eventually grow out of it.  Some people aren't that lucky, and become fundamentalist for life.

:mad: I haven't eaten blueberries in a long, long time.  They're $4 a pint over here these days.

Ed Anger

Quote from: DGuller on March 31, 2015, 10:17:41 AM
Quote from: The Brain on March 31, 2015, 10:10:42 AM

:mad: I haven't eaten blueberries in a long, long time.  They're $4 a pint over here these days.

you sound poor
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on March 31, 2015, 07:36:56 AM
Quote from: garbon on March 31, 2015, 12:35:22 AM

Like RuPaul?

I don't know if Siege could tolerate the transphobia.

He recently described him as lovely, well in so many words.