News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

I converted to Islam

Started by Siege, March 30, 2015, 03:09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Chicks love bad boys. And who's worse than Muhammed?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Siege

Islam "honors" all the jewish prophets.

Look how much difference it has made.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Siege

Quote from: The Brain on March 30, 2015, 03:48:30 PM

I never knew you were such a great psychologist.
You figure her right.

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on March 30, 2015, 03:46:41 PM
Quote from: Martinus on March 30, 2015, 03:41:47 PM
There is nothing I hate more than Westerners who convert to Islam. That's like the lowest of the low.

I don't mind her finding something she enjoys but fuck was it really necessary to spout lies and nonsense about western culture and religion? I get they did not work for her but come on. She claims to be some sort of feminist and somebody who studies religion yet...

I mean:

QuoteAs I studied the faith, I was surprised many of the tenants resonated with me. I was pleased to find that Islam teaches its adherents to honor all prophets, from Moses to Jesus to Muhammad, all of whom taught mankind to worship one God and to conduct ourselves with higher purpose.

Um right they end at Muhammed. Lots of other people think people born after Muhammed were prophets as well but I don't see Islam honoring them. Basically Islam teaches its adherents to honor prophets it considers prophets. This was pleasing to learn why? I guess she was just happy to see Jesus was included and found this a mind blowing revelation.

Her next conversion stop: Baha'i.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on March 30, 2015, 03:46:41 PM
Um right they end at Muhammed. Lots of other people think people born after Muhammed were prophets as well but I don't see Islam honoring them. Basically Islam teaches its adherents to honor prophets it considers prophets. This was pleasing to learn why? I guess she was just happy to see Jesus was included and found this a mind blowing revelation.
Of course they end at Muhammed.  Any other prophet would need to be a muslim to be recognized as such, duh.  It's not like the Christians would recognize a Jewish prophet born after Jesus Christ.  If Netanyahu was to be considered a Prophet by some Israelis, I doubt many Christians would recognize him as such.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Siege

Quote from: garbon on March 30, 2015, 03:54:19 PM
Quote from: viper37 on March 30, 2015, 03:53:12 PM
Quote from: Siege on March 30, 2015, 03:43:56 PM
Martinus wins this thread hands down.

you and Marty, BFF?

Fuck buddies!

I like skinny long haired blondish bitches.
Martinus does not fit the bill.

Neil

It makes sense that Siege would convert to Islam.  His brand of crazy Judaism is pretty much the same.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ideologue

I'm pretty unconcerned.  For every crazy person that joins a cult, there are more who drop out of the one they were born into.

I find it curious that doesn't seem to share the ordinary definitions of terms like "arranged marriage," and is weirdly close to saying the only way to dress modestly for personal comfort is if it's a tenet of your religion.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

LaCroix

girl doubts her religion, gets scared, and jumps into bed with another religion.

DGuller

Adolescence is a dangerous age.  You're going to get heavily into something, anything that you happen to run across at the most vulnerable time.  Most people get lucky and fall into something that doesn't suck them in deeper, so they can eventually grow out of it.  Some people aren't that lucky, and become fundamentalist for life.

grumbler

Yeah, that whole exchange about
QuoteI still wasn't convinced and replied, "Yeah, but women are like second class citizens in your faith?" The very patient Muslim lady explained that, during a time when the Western world treated women like property, Islam taught that men and women were equal in the eyes of God. Islam made the woman's consent to marriage mandatory and gave women the opportunity to inherit, own property, run businesses and participate in government.
is just bizarre.  Women are treated as second-class citizens in Islam, and the author even points it out before going off on a non sequitur about how things were a thousand years ago.  I mean, if she didn't want to concede that Islam treats women like shit, why even point that out?

Yeah, women can inherit in Muslim countries, but only half the man's share.  Women's consent to marriage is "mandatory," but silence is consent.  In no way do women in Arab or Iranian Islamic societies have anywhere near the opportunities for education, property acquisition, or participation in government that men have.  Second-class citizens isn't a bad term for women in most (but not all) Muslim countries.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

dps

Quote from: The Brain on March 30, 2015, 03:48:30 PM

Jaron?

Quote from: SiegeI like skinny long haired blondish bitches.
Martinus does not fit the bill.

Well, maybe he'd let his hair grow long for you...

LaCroix

Quote from: grumbler on March 30, 2015, 05:07:23 PM
Yeah, that whole exchange about
is just bizarre.  Women are treated as second-class citizens in Islam, and the author even points it out before going off on a non sequitur about how things were a thousand years ago.  I mean, if she didn't want to concede that Islam treats women like shit, why even point that out?

Yeah, women can inherit in Muslim countries, but only half the man's share.  Women's consent to marriage is "mandatory," but silence is consent.  In no way do women in Arab or Iranian Islamic societies have anywhere near the opportunities for education, property acquisition, or participation in government that men have.  Second-class citizens isn't a bad term for women in most (but not all) Muslim countries.

this was kinda weird, too

http://www.ifoundislam.net/revert-supports/revert-stories/37-former-christians/720-theresa-corbin-former-catholic-revert-story.html#yo8fik3SXb7BsZq6.99
QuoteIslam made sense and even spoke to my nature. But I rebelled and the more I refused Islam and chose my culture over it the more miserable I became. I would find myself weeping for no other reason than the increasing emptiness I felt as I continued to reject Islam and replace it with my vapid culture. My health began to fail. I lost my scholarship. My personal safety was compromised. I lost my home and began staying with friends.

I defied until I couldn't go on. I finally admitted, like the most homophobic person who finally comes out of the closet, that I was a Muslim.