News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

PETA protests Obama killing a fly

Started by jimmy olsen, June 18, 2009, 11:23:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on June 19, 2009, 05:37:25 AM
Mark my words, PETA will one day soon release a bioweapon to cleanse the world of us humans.  They are monsters. ;(

I kinda remember that movie.  Had Bruce Willis in it right?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Warspite

Quote from: Razgovory on June 19, 2009, 05:50:34 AM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on June 19, 2009, 05:37:25 AM
Mark my words, PETA will one day soon release a bioweapon to cleanse the world of us humans.  They are monsters. ;(

I kinda remember that movie.  Had Bruce Willis in it right?

Twelve Monkeys
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Alatriste

Quote from: Slargos on June 18, 2009, 11:57:07 AM
Aftonbladet reported how he "cold heartedly" swatted the fly.

Sometimes I suspect I live in the Matrix. And not just a general Matrix that we all are connected to, but rather, my own personal tool of torment.

I'm actually beginning to think that I already died and this is what purgatory is like.

I think Hell would probably be a bit worse, but I could totally see purgatory being this way.

Yeah, far too many whites around for this world to be your own personal Hell...

Josquius

I'm beginning to suspect PETA are a creation of the fur/foie gras/vivisection/other nastiness to animals industries to try and discredit animal rights.
This is just silly.
██████
██████
██████

Caliga

Quote from: Tyr on June 19, 2009, 06:58:30 AM
I'm beginning to suspect PETA are a creation of the fur/foie gras/vivisection/other nastiness to animals industries to try and discredit animal rights.
This is just silly.
Well maybe, but there are real-life lunatics who support PETA, go to their rallies, and give them money.  I used to work with a crazy cat lady who was a PETA member and supporter.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ancient Demon

Quote from: Caliga on June 19, 2009, 07:09:17 AM
I used to work with a crazy cat lady who was a PETA member and supporter.

I thought PETA opposed keeping pets.
Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

Caliga

Neil

Quote from: Ancient Demon on June 19, 2009, 07:30:48 AM
Quote from: Caliga on June 19, 2009, 07:09:17 AM
I used to work with a crazy cat lady who was a PETA member and supporter.

I thought PETA opposed keeping pets.
They don't like the pet industry and certain ways of keeping pets, but they just call them 'companion animals' and that makes it okay.

Remember, most of PETAs membership are people who really love their pets just a little too much, not lunatics and furries (although the lunatics run the place).  If they came out hardline against pet ownership, their membership and donors would go to more moderate groups.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Caliga

KRonn

Quote from: saskganesh on June 18, 2009, 07:22:44 PM
Quote from: Martinus on June 18, 2009, 01:58:02 PM
LOL when I saw that clip with Obama killing the fly, I joked that PETA is going to protest it.  :huh:

can you guys read? PETA was asked for a reaction quote of a clip in wide circulation and they gave one.

there was no "protest". it didn't even warrant a PETA press release. they have a large number of bizarre activities, but this wasn't one of them.
A PETA representative was on tv, and said basically this, and that things were blown out of proportion. Said they were asked about it by the media and made a statement. No protests or such on PETA's part.

But then, I guess they've made their reputation so people are more likely to pounce on them, rightly or wrongly.