News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[board] The Battlestar Galactica Languish Project

Started by Tamas, June 18, 2009, 09:29:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

I can probably pass this one single-handedly...and given that in the last go around, I never played any cards in a skill check, I'm not sure I see a downside to that.  Thoughts?*

*Note: Tamas will be investigating my hand size in the morning, and it might actually be larger than what is posted.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

JacobL

I will be probably playing some support to help overcome others possible cards so I will be helping likely depending on what others do.

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on July 21, 2009, 03:59:51 PM
I can probably pass this one single-handedly...and given that in the last go around, I never played any cards in a skill check, I'm not sure I see a downside to that.  Thoughts?*

*Note: Tamas will be investigating my hand size in the morning, and it might actually be larger than what is posted.

I think we try to pass.  Whether we auto fail or not we lose 1 morale, and you lose 4 cards anyways - you might as well play multiple cards to avoid losing the morale.

I will throw in some minor help with 1 card.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

I'm glad we're all in agreement. I'll figure out how many cards I'm sending when Tamas is back in tomorrow.

Barrister

So when I'm up next, what should I do?  We need some repair cards so I could run over and pick up an engineering card.  Or since I get leadership cards, I might pick up an XO - can someone else do anything more productive?

JacobL

If we pass this fine we might as well jump and get a fresh start contacts wise.  That also puts me back on Galactica and avoids more damage risk, like damage to jump drive or more boarding parties. 

garbon

Well we're down to three. Considering that we want to get out of here, I'm not really sure to what extent it is worthwhile to activate JacobL to shoot down ships. I'm not sure that there is anything particularly useful that I can do either (I could come over and draw a repair card but that'd mean 3 discards from me + your XO, just to do something that you could do yourself :D).

garbon

garbon

Looked and I agree that that is probably our best course of action. We still have a sizable amount of population.

JacobL

Decent chance we lose 2 population iirc.  Of course with all the civvies and cylons out there we could lose a lot of resources soon anyways or end up with a boarding party or more damage to galctica.  With decent population left we should jump right now I believe.  If the cylons end up disabling the jump drive we are pretty much all but doomed since while we fix it they would be able to do even more damage.

garbon

Yeah, I agree with your assessment. We gots to get the fuck out!

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Barrister

Quote from: grumbler on July 21, 2009, 04:55:51 PM
I toss in 3 cards.

On the res ship aren't you limited to 1?  :huh:

Page 20 of the rule book - revealed Cylons (and you are treated as such) may play only 1 card per skill check.

grumbler

Quote from: Barrister on July 21, 2009, 04:57:59 PM
Quote from: grumbler on July 21, 2009, 04:55:51 PM
I toss in 3 cards.

On the res ship aren't you limited to 1?  :huh:

Page 20 of the rule book - revealed Cylons (and you are treated as such) may play only 1 card per skill check.
You are correct.  I was relying on what Tamas had said a page ago.

Tamas:  I will just play that first card listed.  It oughta be enough.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!