News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[board] The Battlestar Galactica Languish Project

Started by Tamas, June 18, 2009, 09:29:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

No, I don't have any [1]s left. As you may recall, I was forced to drop 3 cards by a crisis. What cards do you think I dropped?

grumbler

Quote from: Martinus on June 27, 2009, 03:13:54 PM
No, I don't have any [1]s left. As you may recall, I was forced to drop 3 cards by a crisis. What cards do you think I dropped?
:lol:  Yeah, I forgot that.

I guess its up to the Admiral to save his own life.  We've done all we could.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Martinus

A question: if the events take a turn for the worst, and Admiral Adama ends up in the sick bay, does it mean that Colonel Tigh takes over as an Admiral?

garbon

If things take a turn for the worst, I expect the admiral will say that a fuel loss is better than a morale drop and his injured person. :rolleyes:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on June 27, 2009, 04:49:22 PM
If things take a turn for the worst, I expect the admiral will say that a fuel loss is better than a morale drop and his injured person. :rolleyes:

Oh, I was assuming he would sacrifice himself. I thought that's what people in the military do.

grumbler

Quote from: Martinus on June 27, 2009, 04:44:17 PM
A question: if the events take a turn for the worst, and Admiral Adama ends up in the sick bay, does it mean that Colonel Tigh takes over as an Admiral?
Nope.  Only if Adama gets brigged (or reveals himself a Cylon) does the title pass.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on June 27, 2009, 04:49:22 PM
Agreed.  He only draws 1 card, not 5, if he starts in sickbay.  We need those cards.

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Martinus on June 27, 2009, 05:05:33 PM
Oh, I was assuming he would sacrifice himself. I thought that's what people in the military do.
You thought... poorly.

Bayraktar!

Martinus

Quote from: grumbler on June 27, 2009, 05:15:13 PM
Quote from: Martinus on June 27, 2009, 05:05:33 PM
You thought... poorly.

Well, it's reassuring that people in the military think rationally after all. :)

grumbler

Quote from: Martinus on June 27, 2009, 05:28:08 PM
Well, it's reassuring that people in the military think rationally after all. :)
Not every one.  Every organization has its Siegebreakers.

Bayraktar!

garbon

Quote from: grumbler on June 27, 2009, 05:14:29 PM
Agreed.  He only draws 1 card, not 5, if he starts in sickbay.  We need those cards.

We need cards for us, not against us.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Madame President, my prototype Cylon detector is at your disposal if you believe anyone in the fleet's command is a traitor.

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on June 27, 2009, 05:51:36 PM
We need cards for us, not against us.
True, but, while I don't agree with some of the choices made, I don't see any evidence that the Admiral is a Cylon.  If you felt strongly about it, you should have pushed to make the skill check when the terrorism investigations were going on.

Bayraktar!

Martinus

Well, I can see the point being about not trusting anyone, but oneself, to check this.

grumbler

Quote from: Martinus on June 27, 2009, 06:06:58 PM
Well, I can see the point being about not trusting anyone, but oneself, to check this.
Of course you can see the point, because you get the look.

It does the rest of us no good at all.

I think the rest of us would view your use of the ability at this time to be a very suspicious act.  There may come a time when this would be useful to the fleet, but that time is certainly not now.

Bayraktar!