California only has about one year’s supply of water left

Started by jimmy olsen, March 18, 2015, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Well the article notes that the main area that is fucked is Calfornia's agricultural sector. Looks like residences will have more than enough water. Of course, a sharp decline in California's agricultural sector will probably have negative impacts on that state and the US.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

KRonn

Quote from: garbon on March 22, 2015, 05:24:25 AM
Well the article notes that the main area that is fucked is Calfornia's agricultural sector. Looks like residences will have more than enough water. Of course, a sharp decline in California's agricultural sector will probably have negative impacts on that state and the US.

Yeah, I think it'll be a huge impact on the state, and also the nation and some other nations that buy Cali produce if/when Cali farmers have to keep cutting way back on production or have to shut down. The state's a huge supplier of all sorts of produce. This is probably going to hurt some.

Habbaku

Almond production is shifting more and more towards pistachios.   :cry:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Norgy

Just in case no-one has mentioned it, I guess it never rains in Southern California.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Norgy

I guess they get onboard the westbound 747. And don't think before deciding what to do. That talk of opportunity, TV breaks and movies, sure rang true.

garbon

Norgy

mongers

Will Joni Mitchell now have to stay in the South of France with the gigolo who stole her camera?  :(
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Norgy

How come none of you get the Albert Hammond reference? My talent is wasted.  :cry:

KRonn

Quote from: Norgy on March 23, 2015, 07:41:17 AM
I guess they get onboard the westbound 747. And don't think before deciding what to do. That talk of opportunity, TV breaks and movies, sure rang true.
Great song!    :)