News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

How far right are you?

Started by Josquius, March 14, 2015, 03:06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

On a scale of 1 to 10, how far right would you place yourself?

4 (7.1%)
4 (7.1%)
9 (16.1%)
8 (14.3%)
8 (14.3%)
7 (12.5%)
9 (16.1%)
3 (5.4%)
1 (1.8%)
3 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Josquius

It is purely down to your own judgement of course, thus we may well get Siege (by my scale a 12) seeing himself as a centrist, but in our own self-identification, from 1 on the far left to 10 on the far right, it would be interesting to see how we place ourselves.
██████
██████
██████

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

It's interesting that you label a question about where a person falls on the left/right spectrum as degree of "far right."

I answered 7.

Josquius

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 14, 2015, 03:11:11 PM
It's interesting that you label a question about where a person falls on the left/right spectrum as degree of "far right."

I answered 7.
It could equally be how far left are you. But numbers go from left to right so...this seems more logical.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

About a 4, with the usual caveat that I think trying to plot most political positions along a single axis is absurd.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tyr on March 14, 2015, 03:12:44 PM
It could equally be how far left are you. But numbers go from left to right so...this seems more logical.

:hmm:

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on March 14, 2015, 03:12:44 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 14, 2015, 03:11:11 PM

I answered 7.

It seems like it would make more sense to have it be bipolar (with 1 being very left and 10 as very right). Otherwise, anyone who considers themselves on the left will be 1 (which I assume is not at all on the right).
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

I think he meant 5 to be considered the center.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

QuoteIt seems like it would make more sense to have it be bipolar (with 1 being very left and 10 as very right). Otherwise, anyone who considers themselves on the left will be 1 (which I assume is not at all on the right).
Could also work.
Though current best practice for polling as I understand it is a single scale.
Not important either way. I trust you all got what I mean.

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 14, 2015, 03:27:45 PM
No cop-outs alowed :p
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 14, 2015, 03:27:45 PM

That wouldn't make sense as 5 is not a center point on a 10 point scale. It is slightly in the direction of whatever 1 is.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on March 14, 2015, 03:29:43 PM
QuoteIt seems like it would make more sense to have it be bipolar (with 1 being very left and 10 as very right). Otherwise, anyone who considers themselves on the left will be 1 (which I assume is not at all on the right).
Could also work.
Though current best practice for polling as I understand it is a single scale.
Not important either way. I trust you all got what I mean.

A bipolar scale is a single scale, it just goes in two directions. :P

Also, no I'm not sure. Is 1 supposed to be not at all right?

Admiral Yi

He said 1 is far left.  Stop being such a bitch.

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 14, 2015, 03:42:56 PM

That's a big ask.

garbon

Somehow I completely missed that first post. :blush:

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on March 14, 2015, 03:44:35 PM

That's a big ask.

A pointless one, I would think. What am I if not bitchy? :weep: