mongers

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 12, 2015, 03:29:18 PM
Shouldn't Sweden be the one commemorating Waterloo?  :hmm:

They should have done that last april as it was the 40th anniversary. :gasp:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Valmy

Quote from: Habbaku on March 12, 2015, 03:27:51 PM
How is one treasonous against oneself?   :hmm: :royalist:

He was French and thus his first loyalty was to the nation! 
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on March 12, 2015, 03:36:28 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on March 12, 2015, 03:27:51 PM
How is one treasonous against oneself?   :hmm: :royalist:

He was French and thus his first loyalty was to the nation!

"L'État, c'est moi"
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on March 12, 2015, 03:38:20 PM
"L'État, c'est moi"

Like the Duke of Provence ever showed Louis XVI that much deference.  He actually worked to undermine his ministers.  Hardly a believer in absolute monarchy.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

celedhring

Brits are really missing a trick by not joining the Euro and releasing Trafalgar and Agincourt coins.

Razgovory

I always thought they should rebuild the Tannenburg monument.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

PDH

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 12, 2015, 09:29:42 AM
I'll take a Davout, hold the Bernadotte sauce.

The coin would have looked different with a Davout and cheese, hold the Ney - oh, and a side order of Grouchy arriving before it got cold.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

Quote from: PDH on March 12, 2015, 06:54:19 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 12, 2015, 09:29:42 AM
I'll take a Davout, hold the Bernadotte sauce.

The coin would have looked different with a Davout and cheese, hold the Ney - oh, and a side order of Grouchy arriving before it got cold.

I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Rex Francorum

Quote from: Valmy on March 12, 2015, 03:41:56 PM
Quote from: Barrister on March 12, 2015, 03:38:20 PM
"L'État, c'est moi"

Like the Duke of Provence ever showed Louis XVI that much deference.  He actually worked to undermine his ministers.  Hardly a believer in absolute monarchy.

Yeah, rather a plutocracy.
To rent

The Brain

Quote from: Razgovory on March 12, 2015, 06:24:25 PM
I always thought they should rebuild the Tannenburg monument.

What is Tannenburg?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Archy

Quote from: derspiess on March 12, 2015, 03:30:56 PM
Quote from: Valmy on March 12, 2015, 03:17:48 PM
I think France should do an annexation of Belgium commemorative.  Then an 1806 occupation of Berlin one.

A post-WWI Rhineland Occupation one would probably be good-- maybe one featuring a Rheinlandbastard.
That would be a good compromise, since we helped the French than.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Archy on March 13, 2015, 03:36:17 AM
That would be a good compromise, since we helped the French than.

See?  European Unity can be more than just a dream.

Sheilbh

Quote from: celedhring on March 12, 2015, 04:02:16 PM
Brits are really missing a trick by not joining the Euro and releasing Trafalgar and Agincourt coins.
It could be a beautiful endless trolling operation :blush:

'This year we're celebrating the 427th anniversary of God smiting the Armada! Next year the 363rd anniversary of the Battle of the Gabbard! :o :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Richard Hakluyt

The 670th anniversary of the battle of Neville's Cross comes up next year too  :cool: