And we're back!

Main Menu

Watches

Started by mongers, March 10, 2015, 02:36:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Barrister on March 10, 2015, 04:26:38 PM
Which ones?

The ones I just scrolled through on the Apple site for the watch. The last one, the $1000 version, looks like a steel version of the thing you'd get on an 80's calculator watch.  Perhaps that's what they were going for, but some different options would be nice (the "Milanese" mesh type is there too, but there don't seem to be any normal oyster, or whatever, types).

E:  Is the Moto360 the only round smartwatch?

Monoriu

Can't afford a watch, don't want one, and don't have plans to buy one. 

Valmy

I do enjoy wearing a watch from time to time.  They were very handy in tests at UT where cell phones were verboten and they grew on me.  Not literally.

I really like the idea of a cell phone wristwatch combo.  Clear out space from my pants pockets.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on March 10, 2015, 06:04:43 PM
I really like the idea of a cell phone wristwatch combo.  Clear out space from my pants pockets.

One day I will probably get one of those.  I am always forgetting to carry my phone with me.  So, essentially it just sits at home and I use it as a handy way to access work email from home.

Ed Anger

Still wear a watch. You baboons don't like it? Go eat a bag of dicks.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Jacob

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 10, 2015, 06:10:05 PM

Why would we care about your choice of personal jewelry?  :huh:

Ed Anger

Quote from: Jacob on March 10, 2015, 06:11:49 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 10, 2015, 06:10:05 PM

Why would we care about your choice of personal jewelry?  :huh:

Ok, Yi. That's enough out of you.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

frunk

Quote from: Monoriu on March 10, 2015, 05:35:29 PM
don't want one

Fine.

don't have plans to buy one.

Good.

Can't afford a watch

Wha?  You do realize that watches come in all price ranges.  Homeless bums on the street can afford to buy a watch if they want one.

garbon

No, I don't. I guess I don't really see the point.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

MadImmortalMan

For years I never wore one, then I got one as a gift. So I wear it. I guess I'm used to it now. It's not the end of the world if I forget it or anything, but I really do prefer having it on.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Admiral Yi

jimmy olsen

I've got a pretty nice watch, but I need to replace the leather strap. Not sure where to get that done here.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

mongers

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 10, 2015, 07:28:46 PM
I've got a pretty nice watch, but I need to replace the leather strap. Not sure where to get that done here.

The same place you get shoes repaired and key cuts, this may be a common worldwide shop type?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

dps

Used to pretty much always wear a watch.  Broke the bands a lot, and about 6 years ago I got tired of that and quit wearing one for everyday use.  I've still got a couple I wear when I have to wear a suit.

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 10, 2015, 07:23:19 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 10, 2015, 06:12:59 PM
Ok, Yi. That's enough out of you.

:unsure:

It's an easy mistake to make. Sometimes even I am not sure who of us is whom.