News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Watches

Started by mongers, March 10, 2015, 02:36:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 10, 2015, 07:28:46 PM
I've got a pretty nice watch, but I need to replace the leather strap. Not sure where to get that done here.

Here you go:  http://www.crownandbuckle.com/straps-by-type/leather-straps.html

There are lots of places like this.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Jacob on March 10, 2015, 08:05:40 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 10, 2015, 07:23:19 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 10, 2015, 06:12:59 PM
Ok, Yi. That's enough out of you.

:unsure:

It's an easy mistake to make. Sometimes even I am not sure who of us is whom.

I detected an attempt to use "Yi Questioning" against me.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

Quote from: mongers on March 10, 2015, 07:45:20 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 10, 2015, 07:28:46 PM
I've got a pretty nice watch, but I need to replace the leather strap. Not sure where to get that done here.

The same place you get shoes repaired and key cuts, this may be a common worldwide shop type?

You get your shoes repaired at the hardware store?  :huh:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 10, 2015, 10:50:42 PM
The same place you get shoes repaired and key cuts, this may be a common worldwide shop type?

What, you've never been to the mall and seen the shoe repair/leather repair/key cutter/emergency tailor Asian dude?  Usually it's the first store to go into a mall, and the last one to leave when the mall dies.   :lol:

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 10, 2015, 10:53:02 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 10, 2015, 10:50:42 PM

What, you've never been to the mall and seen the shoe repair/leather repair/key cutter/emergency tailor Asian dude?  Usually it's the first store to go into a mall, and the last one to leave when the mall dies.   :lol:

:D

Yeah with some variation on the theme, we have a shortage of Asian dudes filling the role, those kiosks/stores are found in lots of countries.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Warspite

I have three different wrist watches - one for business and formal contexts, another for smart casual, and another for Fun Time. I generally use them to tell the time.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on March 11, 2015, 07:22:07 AM

Yeah with some variation on the theme, we have a shortage of Asian dudes filling the role, those kiosks/stores are found in lots of countries.

Those guys are great--they'll fix your eyeglasses or your metal watch wristband on the spot when you're picking up your shoes, while the little missus is in the back working the sewing machine, repairing a coat zipper.  The children can't be found, as they're attending Stanford and MIT.

lustindarkness

In honor of this thread, I put on a Fossil all metal analog on today, instead of my Timex plastic and velcro strap digital running watch.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Liep

We got this watch from the company some years ago, it's radio controlled but that isn't really working very well and the minute arm is a little loose, so I don't really wear it.

The most accurate watch I have is a Полет кварц that looks sort of like this:

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 11, 2015, 07:41:01 AM
Quote from: mongers on March 11, 2015, 07:22:07 AM

Those guys are great--they'll fix your eyeglasses or your metal watch wristband on the spot when you're picking up your shoes, while the little missus is in the back working the sewing machine, repairing a coat zipper.  The children can't be found, as they're attending Stanford and MIT.

Korean clamp will never fail.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Quote from: Liep on March 11, 2015, 09:12:40 AM
We got this watch from the company some years ago, it's radio controlled but that isn't really working very well and the minute arm is a little loose, so I don't really wear it.

Sorting through watches yesterday, I found some cheap plastic Lorus watch, that I'd not used in 2/3 years since it got trashed in an accident, and you when I check it's time, it was only 1 minute 19 seconds out.  :huh:

I think it's because whilst they're a cheap, it's a Seiko brand and so have their 'movement' in them.

I've another Lorus and that keeps good time too, so I don't think it's a fluke, so much better than Casio's +/- 30 seconds for a lot of their range.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

Quote from: mongers on March 11, 2015, 09:26:23 AM
Quote from: Liep on March 11, 2015, 09:12:40 AM

Sorting through watches yesterday, I found some cheap plastic Lorus watch, that I'd not used in 2/3 years since it got trashed in an accident, and you when I check it's time, it was only 1 minute 19 seconds out.  :huh:

It's better than my radio controlled one, it's 2 minutes 3 seconds off. Granted, it has been in a drawer for 6 months so it'll be accurate tonight at 04:00 if it can find a signal.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Pedrito

I own several watches, some of them very cheap and some of them rather expensive, and use them every day, changing them according to mood, attire and milieu :frog:

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Jacob

So are any of you thinking of getting a $20K Apple Watch? Beeb?

Pedrito

Quote from: Jacob on March 11, 2015, 03:30:53 PM
So are any of you thinking of getting a $20K Apple Watch? Beeb?
No, not even the $300 model. I've already my phone always with me.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot: