It's Bibipalooza! Live, from Congress! One show only!

Started by CountDeMoney, March 03, 2015, 04:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siege

Quote from: grumbler on April 06, 2015, 01:20:58 PM
Quote from: Siege on April 06, 2015, 12:47:17 PM

I disagree with this.  While I agree TNG was better (at least towards the end) than TOS, I don't think Stargate SG-1 ever approached that height.

You must be high.
SG-1 was far more visionary than either TOS or TNG.
SG-1 had all the elements from the Technological Singularity, even thought they did not truly understand the process in which the TechSing appears to be developing in real life.
SG-1 had technoimmortality, all kinds of genetic modifications, robotization of the economy, post-scarcity civilizations, post-technological "ascencion" to a "higher plane of existance", and techno-retraction, which is when a civilization's tech level is so advance that they go completely into the nano-scale and retract from the visible physical world.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Razgovory

Quote from: Siege on April 06, 2015, 12:48:18 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 06, 2015, 12:40:39 PM
Quote from: Siege on April 06, 2015, 12:24:09 PM
I'm fucking tire of 11B4V and his fucking lies.

But you're a liar.  You've told lies here and have been caught.

what the fuck are you talking about?

YOu said that the guy who crashed that airliner into a mountain in France was a Muslim.  This is not true, ergo, you are a liar.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

Quote from: Siege on April 07, 2015, 04:15:12 PM
You must be high.
SG-1 was far more visionary than either TOS or TNG.
SG-1 had all the elements from the Technological Singularity, even thought they did not truly understand the process in which the TechSing appears to be developing in real life.
SG-1 had technoimmortality, all kinds of genetic modifications, robotization of the economy, post-scarcity civilizations, post-technological "ascencion" to a "higher plane of existance", and techno-retraction, which is when a civilization's tech level is so advance that they go completely into the nano-scale and retract from the visible physical world.

Odyssey 5 had all that, and was much better-done.  SG-1 was a fun romp, but wasn't visionary at all. The technobabble was for the sake of sounding like an SF show, which is really wasn't, strictly speaking.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

11B4V

Yeah WTF are you talking about?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on April 07, 2015, 04:49:32 PM

If his lips or fingers are moving......he be lying.

YOu said that the guy who crashed that airliner into a mountain in France was a Muslim.  This is not true, ergo, you are a liar.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

grumbler

Quote from: 11B4V on April 07, 2015, 09:29:17 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 07, 2015, 04:49:32 PM

If his lips or fingers are moving......he be lying.

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

11B4V

I know what raw was talking about. I wonder what siege was dribbling on about.

grumbler

Quote from: 11B4V on April 07, 2015, 09:37:50 PM

Never try to understand the Siege.  Enjoy, but don't try to understand.  His shtick is almost impenetrable.

Bayraktar!

jimmy olsen

So, is this the Israel megathread now? :unsure:

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/middle-east-unrest/israel-says-airstrike-foiled-terrorist-attack-syrian-border-n348646
Israel Says Airstrike Foiled 'Terrorist' Attack at Syrian Border

The Israeli military said it launched airstrikes Sunday that "neutralized" an imminent attack by bomb-carrying militants along the Israeli-Syrian border.

Few details were immediately available. In a brief statement, the Israel Defense Forces said the air force was deployed after "terrorists armed with explosives" were spotted.

Reuters quoted an Israeli military source as saying, on condition of anonymity, that four militants placed an explosive on a fence near Majdel Shams, at the foot of Mount Hermon in the annexed Golan Heights. All four were killed, according to the Reuters source.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu confirmed the military action, although he provided no details.

"Any attempt to harm our soldiers or civilians will be met with a determined response like the IDF operation from tonight, which thwarted an attempted attack," Netanyahu said in a statement on Twitter. "I wish to praise the alertness of our soldiers, who acted quickly and precisely."

IDF
✔  ‎@IDFSpokesperson 
Terrorists armed w/ explosives along Israeli-Syrian border were en route to imminent attack on our forces. Our air force neutralized threat.

4:35 AM - 27 Apr 2015
298 298 Retweets
288 288 favorites

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

Quote from: grumbler on April 08, 2015, 06:37:35 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on April 07, 2015, 09:37:50 PM

Never try to understand the Siege.  Enjoy, but don't try to understand.  His shtick is almost impenetrable.

See, this is why we never get along.  You never tried to enjoy me.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017