The 25 Worst Things A British Person Could Ever Hear

Started by viper37, February 27, 2015, 10:07:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

I thought it was funny, mostly because of the animated gifs they used :)

One of those silly lists...
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Warspite

This was the only funny one:

9. "There's a rail replacement bus service."

:weep:
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Malthus

The worst thing a Torontonian could ever hear ... a weather report from pretty well anywhere else.  :cry:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

mongers

Quote from: Malthus on February 27, 2015, 10:47:06 AM
The worst thing a Torontonian could ever hear ... a weather report from pretty well anywhere else.  :cry:

That's the only reason I still have for posting here.  :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Sometimes, Buzzfeed just shouldn't post anything at all.

Syt

Quote from: Warspite on February 27, 2015, 10:43:05 AM

9. "There's a rail replacement bus service."

It's horrible, no matter where you are.

The night bus thing also applies to Vienna. Fortunately, the subways are going 24 hours on weekends now.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Malthus

Quote from: mongers on February 27, 2015, 10:48:51 AM
Quote from: Malthus on February 27, 2015, 10:47:06 AM

That's the only reason I still have for posting here.  :P

It's nice to know our misery is making others happy.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Gups

Josquius

I'm so sick of modern British pop culture talking about this Nandos thing so much. It only really appeared since I moved abroad so I've never had it.

11 betrays that this speaks of Londoners, not Brits in general. I'd have killed for a night bus when I lived in the UK.

This list is meh
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on February 27, 2015, 12:27:39 PM
I'm so sick of modern British pop culture talking about this Nandos thing so much. It only really appeared since I moved abroad so I've never had it.

11 betrays that this speaks of Londoners, not Brits in general. I'd have killed for a night bus when I lived in the UK.

This list is meh

The two actual worst things to tell a British person on the internet:

1. 'Here is a Youtube video of me speaking with a British accent.  Totally authentic right?'

2. 'You know something really great about the UK?  Well let me tell you...'
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sheilbh

Quote from: Warspite on February 27, 2015, 10:43:05 AM

9. "There’s a rail replacement bus service."

14, 3 and 21 are also true. On the other hand I've literally never heard anyone say 21.
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

They don't say 'soft drink' in Britain?  What do they say?  Maybe we should find one of those soda maps.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

celedhring

Half of them seem related to how much Brits like their booze. They don't even drink that much.