Main Menu

It's Official Spring 2015 Arrives

Started by mongers, February 25, 2015, 07:30:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norgy

I am leaning towards spring, but I like your explanation too.  :hmm:

Syt

Quote from: Norgy on March 23, 2015, 08:12:22 AM
Ice and snow melting, sunshine and happy people. What the fuck is this?

Are the happy people shiny?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Norgy

They're all in spandex.

Not a leather jacket in sight. It's depressing. Rock and punk are: out. Running and cross-country skiing is: in.

I'll stock up on dry goods and get some decent firepower, 'cause it is on, happy people!

KRonn

Springtime here. We had a few warm days over the last couple of weeks, had a lot of snow melt. Only about two feet left of snow on much of my lawn now. Got another small snowstorm day after Spring - neighbors and I called out "Happy Spring" as we cleared our driveways of an inch or two of snow. Then it got cold, very cold Sunday and today as it was in the teens (Fahrenheit) this morning. So glad Spring is here so we don't have more cold and snow!   ;)

Caliga

Apparently it's snowing really hard in Chicago right now (my boss told me that earlier).  But it's nice here today.  A bit on the chilly side but I'll take it.

Saturday was shorts weather, on the other hand. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Syt on March 23, 2015, 08:28:01 AM
Spring is here, too. I didn't have a cold during winter, but it seems I'm now getting one. <_<

Not allergies?

Barrister

It felt like spring in Edmonton, until this last weekend where we got 8" dumped on us. <_<
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Norgy

Spring made a retreat here too. Snow and more snow piled upon snow today.

Yesterday it was warm and sunny, now it's like Antarctica outside.
Well, not that cold, but poor visibility and eejits in cars.

garbon

Today could not have been more gorgeous. Spent the day looking at Inigo Jones and Christopher Wren's work in Greenwich. :cool:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

KRonn

It's been cool but a lot warmer than our frigid winter, and warm enough to have melted all the snow in my yard. I think next weekend I'll put down the first lawn fertilizer/weed killer.

derspiess

Yeah, I need to weed & feed as well.  Yard is already noticeably greener.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Feed your lawn.  Feed it!

Bought my Claritin yesterday.  Honk honk.

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 06, 2015, 11:29:10 AM
Feed your lawn.  Feed it!

:bleeding:  They really need to cut down on the number of times they run that commercial during baseball games. 

QuoteBought my Claritin yesterday.  Honk honk.

Hope Tommy grows out of his allergies.  I always love opening the windows to let fresh air in during the spring, then having to shut them abruptly when he starts sneezing.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Wow, I'm so clearly not in the US anymore. Weather just flashed up BEWARE Strong Sunshine predicted for the week. :o :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

lustindarkness

Fucking trees jerking off all over the air we breath. <_<
Grand Duke of Lurkdom