Polish Presidential Elections - Who Would you Vote For?

Started by Martinus, February 24, 2015, 03:56:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who would you vote for?

0 (0%)
1 (3.4%)
0 (0%)
1 (3.4%)
1 (3.4%)
3 (10.3%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
3 (10.3%)
17 (58.6%)
1 (3.4%)
2 (6.9%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Martinus

The deadline for submitting candidates is still one month away, and it is quite likely that many of these people will not get the requisite 100,000 signatures of support, but the more the merrier and it increases the likelihood of odd candidates, so here is our beastiary.  :lol:

Richard Hakluyt

Hmmm...........for me it is a runoff between the dude with the cigarette and the blonde  :hmm:

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Martinus

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on February 24, 2015, 04:01:57 AM
Hmmm...........for me it is a runoff between the dude with the cigarette and the blonde  :hmm:

The dude with a cigarette is a (former) rockman turned right wing (but not that right wing to turn nasty) "occupy" style rabble rouser. His support is around 1%.

The blonde is an out-of-nowhere candidate supported by the post-communists, because none of the "old guard" wanted to run, as they know they would be totally destroyed.

She actually can come with the third result (the first and second will be PO and PiS candidates) but if she scores 15% of vote it will be a success.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Martinus

Oh sorry. :P

Yeah, that's the candidate from PiS. Another case of "leader is not running and there is a younger stalking horse to take the blame for a failure". :P

Martinus

The blonde is also convinced she would be able to "resolve any differences with Mr. Putin". :bleeding:

Syt

Quote from: Martinus on February 24, 2015, 04:11:55 AM
The blonde is also convinced she would be able to "resolve any differences with Mr. Putin". :bleeding:

:perv:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

incidentally looks a bit like German sports commentator Marcel Reif, who was born in Poland:

—Stephen Jay Gould

Martinus

I will probably be away for vacation during the first round, but if I weren't, I'd probably give my protest vote to the woman who is second from the bottom. In the second round (if it happens) it will be #6 vs. #3 and I'd vote for #3 if I bother to show up. :P

Sophie Scholl

Janusz Palikot and the Twój Ruch!

Controversies and publicity

Palikot is known in Poland for being one of the more colourful and controversial politicians, famous for his publicity stunts. In April 2007 during a PO press conference, Palikot wore a t-shirt with "I am with the SLD" ("Jestem z SLD") on the front and "I am gay" ("Jestem gejem") on the back. He later stated that he wanted to highlight the role PO should play in contemporary politics - as defenders of minorities.

On 24 April 2007, he produced a gun and a dildo at a press conference about alleged rape by a few police officers from Lublin. Palikot presented the objects as modern "symbols of law and justice" (a pun referring to the socially conservative Law and Justice Party) in Poland and the Lublin's police.

On 23 July 2008 Palikot said in an interview "I consider the President to be an oaf" ("Uważam prezydenta za chama"), a potentially illegal act under Poland's anti-defamation laws. An investigation was launched, then dropped.

In October 2008 during a TV interview about the PZPN (Polish Football Association) Palikot produced a butchered pig's head, a Godfather-style sign of declaring war against what Palikot called "corrupt" PZPN officials.

In January 2009 Palikot caused further controversy when he wrote in his blog questioning whether the Polish President's brother, Jarosław Kaczyński, is gay: "I – unasked – declare unequivocally that I prefer women. And you, Mr Jarosław?"  As a result Donald Tusk, the leader of Palikot's party, the Civic Platform, launched an investigation into his behaviour.

On 5 July 2010, one day after the second round of the 2010 presidential elections Palikot announced that the late president Lech Kaczyński "has blood on his hands", blaming Kaczyński for the presidential airplane crash in Smolensk.

On 20 January 2012, Janusz Palikot threatened to smoke a joint in Parliament in an attempt to get softdrugs legalized in Poland.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janusz_Palikot
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Martinus

Yeah, well he prove he does not have much to offer except for his gimmicks, but I voted for him in the last parliamentary elections.

Archy

Pitty you can't vote for Putin. Panslavism for the Win :ph34r:

Solmyr

The blonde is winning. Such surprise. Very Languish. Wow. :P

Liep

Quote from: Solmyr on February 24, 2015, 06:27:23 AM
The blonde is winning. Such surprise. Very Languish. Wow. :P

I did simply what was expected of me.  :sleep:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk