News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Oscar Best Movie Poll - Who *Should* Win

Started by Martinus, February 22, 2015, 09:00:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which movie should get the 2015 Oscar for Best Movie?

American Sniper
5 (14.3%)
Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance)
5 (14.3%)
Boyhood
4 (11.4%)
The Grand Budapest Hotel
15 (42.9%)
The Imitation Game
1 (2.9%)
Selma
2 (5.7%)
The Theory of Everything
0 (0%)
Whiplash
3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Martinus

This is should not will according to you.

As for who *will* win, I think it's going to be a movie about either a black man, a gay man or a disabled man, because Oscars. :P

Martinus

Admittedly, I have only seen the Grand Budapest Hotel so far, but plan to see at least the Imitation Game, the Theory of Everything, Birdman and Whiplash.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Sheilbh

Of the ones I've seen (not many) I think Whiplash should win.

I think Boyhood or Birdman probably will. Which, from what I've heard, will be good.
Let's bomb Russia!

Liep

I voted for the one movie I've seen from that list. It happens to be a really good one too, The Grand Budapest Hotel.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

celedhring

Voted for Whiplash, but I wouldn't be too bothered if Grand Budapest/Birdman/Boyhood won. There's isn't a film that's head and shoulders above all others. Personally I think this year's harvest is worse than last year's, too.

Martinus

Quote from: Liep on February 22, 2015, 10:01:10 AM
I voted for the one movie I've seen from that list. It happens to be a really good one too, The Grand Budapest Hotel.

It seems to be the case for most people.  :lol:

It is the only one (except I think Salma) which wasn't released during the last couple of months.

Martinus

Quote from: grumbler on February 22, 2015, 09:25:10 AM
Quote from: Martinus on February 22, 2015, 09:00:10 AM
Marti cannot into thread.

It is not bad grammar. I just should have put quotation marks around "should" and "will".

crazy canuck

Quote from: Martinus on February 22, 2015, 10:10:25 AM
Quote from: grumbler on February 22, 2015, 09:25:10 AM
Quote from: Martinus on February 22, 2015, 09:00:10 AM
Marti cannot into thread.

It is not bad grammar. I just should have put quotation marks around "should" and "will".

:lol:

It is good not bad according to you grammar.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on February 22, 2015, 10:20:51 AM
Isn't this just swell?

Meh, the Grand Budapest is the movie that should not will according to us win.

What else to talk about according to us there is.

Fate

Barrister

Only movie on the list I've seen was Selma, which was really good so I'll vote for that. :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Larch