Should illegal immigrants who came to your country as kids be deported?

Started by Martinus, June 17, 2009, 01:25:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

What's up with all the fear of illegal immigrants in the US, anyway? The country was built by immigrants. The cheap immigrant labour is the backbone of the economy. You guys being to sound like Europeans.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Martinus on June 17, 2009, 03:42:36 PM
What's up with all the fear of illegal immigrants in the US, anyway? The country was built by immigrants. The cheap immigrant labour is the backbone of the economy. You guys being to sound like Europeans.

I think the most common reaction is the one you see from Valmy and Cal. It's not the "immigrant" part. It's the "illegal" part.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

They smell and bring their weird foods and habits with them.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Martinus

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on June 17, 2009, 03:43:54 PM

I think the most common reaction is the one you see from Valmy and Cal. It's not the "immigrant" part. It's the "illegal" part.

Are there non-retarded reactions too?

DGuller

Some of it is xenophobia.  However, some of it has to do with the issues illegal immigration aggravates, like crime and social services impact.

jimmy olsen

There's been fear of immigrants in this country going all the way back to Ben Franklin.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Slargos

this argument is massively retarded.

"omg the valooons were immigrants lolol!"

Martinus

I think, before reforming the immigration law, the US should send all the people who or whose ancestors came to America as immigrants back to their homelands, and start from scratch, to level the playing field.

Admiral Yi

We already accept millions of legal immigrants a year.  Would you have us accept the whole population of the world?

And illegal immigrant labor is hardly the "backbone of the US economy."

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on June 17, 2009, 02:00:22 PM
To be honest, I am pretty surprised by Caliga's and Valmy's position. I thought they weren't retards. :(

The only way to get stupid laws changed is to enforce them dude.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on June 17, 2009, 03:56:13 PM
I think, before reforming the immigration law, the US should send all the people who or whose ancestors came to America as immigrants back to their homelands, and start from scratch, to level the playing field.

Nah I don't like tea that much. :bowler:

Edit: Actually that would be hilarious there would be something like 40,000,000 Americans moving to Ireland.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on June 17, 2009, 04:01:25 PM
Quote from: Martinus on June 17, 2009, 03:56:13 PM

Nah I don't like tea that much. :bowler:

Edit: Actually that would be hilarious there would be something like 40,000,000 Americans moving to Ireland.

Plus the Polacks from Chicago, Milwaukee, Hoosierland and northern Ohio swarming Poland. Marti would stain his white trousers when he saw that coming.