Should illegal immigrants who came to your country as kids be deported?

Started by Martinus, June 17, 2009, 01:25:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scipio

Quote from: Valmy on June 17, 2009, 01:33:50 PM
Quote from: Caliga on June 17, 2009, 01:32:58 PM
I'm a big fan of orderly societies, which in part require law enforcement to uphold existing law even if they don't like them.  Otherwise you have selective enforcement and chaos ensues.

Wow we really are of one mind on this issue.

From now on I deputize Caliga to speak for me on all illegal immigration issues.
QFT.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

grumbler

Quote from: Caliga on June 17, 2009, 02:08:03 PM
Honestly I wouldn't have used Demjanjuk if I knew of a better real-life example.
Isn't this rather the point, though?  If you cannot find an example of an innocent person (I assume that the 19-year-old is not being deported in lieu of prison) getting "rightfully" deported, then maybe the case isn't open-and-shut?

There are all kinds of provisos in which the US government can allow an "illegal immigrant" to stay in the US after detection (someone with a real fear of unjust prosecution in their own country, for instance, who flees before they can get a refugee visa).  This should be one of them.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Martinus on June 17, 2009, 03:56:13 PM
I think, before reforming the immigration law, the US should send all the people who or whose ancestors came to America as immigrants back to their homelands, and start from scratch, to level the playing field.
[Martinus]Are there non-retarded reactions too?[/Martinus]
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Caliga

Quote from: Scipio on June 18, 2009, 06:29:00 PM
Quote from: Valmy on June 17, 2009, 01:33:50 PM
Quote from: Caliga on June 17, 2009, 01:32:58 PM
I'm a big fan of orderly societies, which in part require law enforcement to uphold existing law even if they don't like them.  Otherwise you have selective enforcement and chaos ensues.

Wow we really are of one mind on this issue.

From now on I deputize Caliga to speak for me on all illegal immigration issues.
QFT.
An American lawyer agrees with me.  America > Poland, ERGO American lawyer > Polish lawyer.  ^_^

Also I earlier failed to acknowledge Valmy's props.  Sorry dude.  :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: grumbler on June 18, 2009, 08:21:36 PM
[Martinus]Are there non-retarded reactions too?[/Martinus]
My pet theory behind this thread is that Marti was mad about something either before he created it or after he did, and then jumped on Valmy and me because we were the first to reply.  We didn't actually say what he was expecting us to say, but the response was sufficiently close to the strawman American stereotypical reply he was looking for that he felt he could unleash the personal attack (i.e. "you're retards") that was really a projection of whatever happened to be gnawing at him.

Herein ends the session.  Can I have my $250 hourly rate now?  Oh, and get the fuck off my couch.  :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points