Languish, help me plan a Euro vacation. Rome, Paris and London.

Started by lustindarkness, February 17, 2015, 11:21:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Really for comedy value, Lusti should just engage the free services of three random Languishites to give their bound to be, eccentric take on each of the cities, preferable one's they've never visited before.

To get things rolling I'll offer to show you around Rome; I mean what could possibly go wrong.  :D
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Larch

The guy from the "History of Rome" podcast, who is now doing the "Revolutions" one also does organized tours a couple of times per year. He has a 11 day trip scheduled for April covering England and France and visiting the sites of the English and French revolutions. If I had the money I'd do it in a heartbeat.

http://historyworldtravel.com/

The Brain

Quote from: The Larch on February 19, 2015, 05:08:31 PM
The guy from the "History of Rome" podcast, who is now doing the "Revolutions" one also does organized tours a couple of times per year. He has a 11 day trip scheduled for April covering England and France and visiting the sites of the English and French revolutions. If I had the money I'd do it in a heartbeat.

You mindless cattle.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

mongers

Quote from: The Larch on February 19, 2015, 05:08:31 PM

Oh thanks for that, it's rather interesting.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Martinus

So apparently Dutch football hooligans demolished a bunch of monuments in Rome last night.

What the fuck.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Maladict

Quote from: Martinus on February 20, 2015, 02:35:22 AM
So apparently Dutch football hooligans demolished a bunch of monuments in Rome last night.

What the fuck.

They damaged the fontana della Barcaccia. A rather fitting choice for barbarians :lol:

The Larch

There's a long and proud tradition in Rome of rowdy northeners coming down and wrecking shit up. The city will suck it up and deal with it.

capturedfairy

Ok so here's what we have so far, Flying to Rome on May 24th through the 30th, the train to Paris on 30th-5th, train to London on 5th-10th.Then flying to Alabama on the 10th.

We will be doing this without any excursion group. Questions, asking for help here.
- train best deals??to Paris and to London...
-looking a bed and breakfasts, im checking out an apartment called a view of Rome. its by St Peters Basilica. opinions??
-don't have a clue of where to stay in Paris nor London. Please HELP!!! Thanks :hug:

The Larch

Train from Rome to Paris sounds nightmarish. Aren't there nice plane deals?

capturedfairy

Quote from: The Larch on February 23, 2015, 10:25:16 AM
Train from Rome to Paris sounds nightmarish. Aren't there nice plane deals?

Ok thats one of my questions.... thanks. So Flying is best?
also looking at Gli Scipioni Bed and Breakfast in Rome, looks Nice and clean. and close to Metro....

The Larch

I'd say so. You can check some of the low cost airlines to see if they do that route. For instance Ryanair does it, but maybe you'll have to pay several extras on account of all the luggage you'll be carrying.

Can you give me the link to the hotel in Rome? I can check if it's in a nice area. There are plenty of B&Bs around Termini, but some of those can be a bit shady.

Admiral Yi

I don't think a board full of sociopathic wargaming loners is going to be much help on B&Bs CF.  :lol: