News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2015 Tax Season Thread is Megalicious

Started by Admiral Yi, February 05, 2015, 04:14:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Just heard on NPR that the deadline for signing up for health care to avoid the penalty is February 15, and that the penalties are going to jump next year ("double or triple").

derspiess

Gotz mah refund yesterdee.  Will take my time mailing the check for the state taxes I owe  :pirate
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on February 05, 2015, 05:17:46 PM
Gotz mah refund yesterdee.  Will take my time mailing the check for the state taxes I owe  :pirate

You didn't have to wait for 1099s?  Mine aren't coming out until 2/17.

derspiess

Don't have any this year.  That I know of.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 05, 2015, 05:19:37 PM
Quote from: derspiess on February 05, 2015, 05:17:46 PM

You didn't have to wait for 1099s?  Mine aren't coming out until 2/17.

I have all of mine as of yesterday.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

11B4V

Had all mine, Gov. MyPay FTW. Just too lazy too file.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Admiral Yi

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Yeah already filed and got my refund back in January.  Thanks Obama!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

He bumped by tax bracket to 39% THANKS OBAMA
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

grumbler

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 26, 2015, 09:17:36 PM
He bumped by tax bracket to 39% THANKS OBAMA

Less for me to pay. THANKS OBAMA
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

KRonn

Just got the last of my documents this week, so will get the taxes done soon. I don't expect much, should break even like I did last year. I have mortgage and other deductibles but I've been keeping my paycheck taxes down instead of getting a large refund.

A few years ago I did get a nice refund for buying a home, thanks Obama, or maybe that was Bush?

Admiral Yi

Anyone ever had to file an amended return?  I just realized I put an incorrect number in my Iowa return.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 28, 2015, 03:49:23 PM
Anyone ever had to file an amended return?  I just realized I put an incorrect number in my Iowa return.

They will let you know by mail, with different options on how to address it.  Not worth sweating over right now.

garbon

Yeah I had California come back to me to get my return modified. Of course because they wanted me to pay more tax.  :blush:

Also, I failed miserably at getting my taxes done before departing. :Embarrass:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.